|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014)|
German theatrical poster
|Directed by||Marleen Gorris|
|Produced by||Martin Bregman
Louis A. Stroller
Rudolf G. Wiesmeier
|Written by||Katherine Fugate|
|Music by||Steve Bartek|
|Edited by||Alan Heim
Carolina is a 2003 romantic comedy film directed by Marleen Gorris, starring Julia Stiles, Shirley MacLaine, Alessandro Nivola, Mika Boorem, Randy Quaid, and Jennifer Coolidge. Lisa Sheridan has a cameo role in the film, and Barbara Eden has the uncredited part of Daphne. It is set in Los Angeles, California. Shot in 2003, the film failed to find a distributor and was released direct-to-video in 2005.
Miramax Films was the domestic distributor, but failed to release it in theaters. When Harvey Weinstein screened the film he told the producers, "You have a hit movie on your hands. We're going to blast this on MTV all over Super Bowl Weekend." This was in December 2001. The producers never heard about it again until 2005 when it was suddenly released Direct-to-DVD.
The film began principal photography in July 2001. Kathy Bates was originally slated to play the role of "Grandma Millicent Mirabeau", but dropped out after make-up/hair tests due to the shut down of the original production shoot date. Shirley MacLaine eventually stepped in to play the role of "Grandma Millicent Mirabeau".
- Julia Stiles as Carolina Mirabeau
- Shirley MacLaine as Grandma Millicent Mirabeau
- Alessandro Nivola as Albert Morris
- Randy Quaid as Theodore 'Ted' Mirabeau
- Jennifer Coolidge as Aunt Marilyn
- Edward Atterton as Heath Pierson
- Azura Skye as Georgia Mirabeau
- Mika Boorem as Maine Mirabeau
- Alan Thicke as Chuck McBride - Perfect Date Host
- Barbara Eden as Daphne St. Claire
|This article about a 2000s romantic comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|