|Born||Carolina Herrera Bang
21 September 1985
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain
Carolina Herrera Bang (born 21 September 1985 in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands), professionally known as Carolina Bang, is a Spanish actress. She is the best known to wider audience for her role in 2010 film A Sad Trumpet Ballad by Álex de la Iglesia, for which she earned a Goya Award for Best New Actress nomination.
In 2005, Bang began her professional career by working in theatre. Throughout 2007 and 2008, she worked on several short films, and then was cast by Álex de la Iglesia for his television series Pluto B.R.B. Nero. Bang starred the series from 2008 to 2009. Meanwhile, she appeared in other popular television series, Paco's Men and The Successful Pells. In 2010, Bang starred the film A Sad Trumpet Ballad by Álex de la Iglesia, opposite Antonio de la Torre. As she played a trapeze artist, her role required serious physical preparation. Bang was eventually nominated for Goya Award for Best New Actress at the 25th Goya Awards ceremony.
In 2011, Bang starred opposite Antonio Resines and María Barranco in the film The Dagger of Rasputin, which was being shot from 2009 to 2010, and had a guest appearance in television series Aida. She also confirmed she would star the new season of the Telecinco series The Land of Wolves and an upcoming film, The Sparkle of Life.
Bang accomplished her studies in both acting and architecture. Born in Tenerife, she moved to Madrid when she was a little girl. Besides her native Spanish, Bang is fluent in English and studies German and Chinese. She stated she liked "watching films such as A Clockwork Orange and Wild at Heart before sleeping". Bang has often been cited as one of the most beautiful women in Spain. Currently, she is in a relationship with director Álex de la Iglesia, who cites her as his muse.
|Year||English Title||Spanish Title||Format||Role||Notes|
|2007||Madrid – Moscow||Madrid – Moscú||Short Film||Girl|
|2008||Tell Me that I||Dime que yo||Short Film||Former Girlfriend|
|The Storymaker||El forjador de historias||Short Film||Nurse|
|Pluto B.R.B. Nero||Plutón B.R.B. Nero||TV Series||Lorna||(2008–09)|
|2009||Paco's Men||Los hombres de Paco||TV Series||Maya Azcárate||(1 episode)|
|The Successful Pells||Los exitosos Pells||TV Series||Marina Fernández|
|2010||A Sad Trumpet Ballad||Balada triste de trompeta||Film||Natalia||Nominated—Goya Award for Best New Actress|
|The Dagger of Rasputin||La daga de Rasputín||Film||Ludmila|
|Aida||Aída||TV Series||Herself||(1 episode)|
|The Land of Wolves||Tierra de lobos||TV||TBA||(2011–present) (Upcoming)|
|2012||As Luck Would Have It||La chispa de la vida||Film||Pilar|
Awards and nominations
|2011||Goya Awards||Best New Actress||A Sad Trumpet Ballad||Nominated|
- "Despega la serie 'Plutón BRB Nero'". El Mundo. 24 September 2009. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- Miguel Ángel Valero (10 December 2010). "Cuando los payasos dejaron de ser graciosos". El Mundo. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- "Encuentro digital con Carolina Bang". El Mundo. 26 January 2011. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- Shelagh M. Rowan-Legg (17 September 2010). "Alex de la Iglesia and Carolina Bang". Little White Lies. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- "Balada triste de trompeta". 25th Goya Awards. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- "Rodando... "La daga de Rasputín"". carolinabang.net. 2 May 2009. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- "Carolina Bang ficha "Tierra de lobos"". elgatoencerrado.net. 25 March 2011. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- "Coches de caballos, enaguas, corsés... da comienzo el rodaje de la segunda temporada de 'Tierra de Lobos'". ¡Hola!. 14 April 2011. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- "Official Website of Carolina Bang". carolinabang.net. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- Lucía González (14 January 2011). "Si me tocan más papeles de chica sexy, ya tendré tiempo de 'desencasillarme'". El Mundo. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- Jackie O. (14 February 2011). "La gala de los 'joya'". El Mundo. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- "Carolina Bang desnuda". Negativo Digital (Spanish website). 21 December 2011. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- "Álex de la Iglesia, Natalia Álvarez, Yolanda Jiménez... de estreno con sus hijos y rodeados de alienígenas". ¡Hola!. 29 January 2011. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- "Carolina Bang: "No soy sumisa, prefiero mandar... y los hombres se dejan"". Vanitatis. 20 February 2011. Retrieved 18 April 2011.