Carolina Gynning (2013)
6 October 1978 |
|Occupation||Glamour model, artist, television presenter, singer, author|
Carolina Gynning Nilsson (born 6 October 1978) is a Swedish glamour model, actress, author, jewelry designer and television presenter. She started her career as a model at age sixteen. She entered the Big Brother house in 2004 and emerged as the winner of that season. Gynning has since made a career as a television presenter on TV4 and Kanal5, and also as an artist and author of several books. Gynning has participated in several television shows after Big Brother such as I huvudet på Gynning, and as a celebrity dancer in season one of Let's Dance.
- 1 Childhood and early life
- 2 Career
- 3 Awards
- 4 Removal of silicon implants
- 5 Personal life
- 6 Work
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Childhood and early life
Gynning was born in Helsingborg, Sweden and lived in Höganäs for a short time, but spent most of her early years in Falsterbo. She revealed that she was a shy girl but changed when she reached her teens. She attended high school in Lund. At sixteen she was discovered by a fashion photographer while waiting at a bus stop in Falsterbo, and during her high school years she did some modelling assignments on the side. After a while, she landed modeling jobs in international shows in Athens, Milan and Paris. She lived and worked abroad for ten years mostly as a glamour model. During this time she also underwent breast implant surgery to enlarge her breasts.
TV personality and host
After a few years working as a glamour model, Gynning was approached by producers of the Swedish version of the reality show Big Brother and entered the house in January 2004, becoming the season's eventual winner. In 2006, she entered Let's Dance as a celebrity dancer. She appeared on Season 1 of the show which was broadcast on TV4. Her dance partner was Daniel da Silva and she was eliminated in the second round. During late 2006 she worked for Viasats Formula 1 show Studio F1 along with Tore Kullgren and simultaneously was one of five hostesses for the TV4 show Förkväll. During 2007, Gynning hosted the audition part of Idol 2007 along with Carina Berg. During 2008, Gynning hosted her own show, I huvudet på Gynning (Inside Gynning's Head), which was broadcast on Kanal5; she also hosted the talent show Hitmakers that year on the same channel. During late 2008 she and Carina Berg hosted the TV4 show Stjärnor på is the Swedish version of Stars on Ice. In 2009 Gynning hosted Hjälp! Jag är med i en japansk TV-show also on TV4 and in the summer of that year hosted Sommarkrysset along with Berg. In 2013 she was one of the celebrity hosts of the radio show Sommar i P1. In 2014, Gynning will be one of the judges in the new season of Talang Sverige 2014 on TV3.
A few months before Gynning participated as a housemate in Big Brother, she appeared in the French film Happily Ever After starring Johnny Depp, playing the character "Zoe". In the Jesper Ganslandt-produced film Blondie (2012), Gynning played the leading role alongside actors such as Marie Göranzon, Helena af Sandeberg and Alexandra Dahlström.
I huvudet på Gynning
On 8 February 2008 Gynning released her first music single, "Allt jag tar på blir till guld". In her first television show, I huvudet på Gynning, the viewing audience got to see her working on the music video for the song. In the show Gynning created the perfume "Perfect", and launched a commercial for it. In the last episode it was revealed that her perfume would sell in stores. In September 2009, Gynning released her new scent "Go Girl!", becoming the first Swedish woman to have her own perfume and scent.
As a writer
In 2005, Gynning released her autobiography, Ego Girl, in which she tells how she was discovered as a model at age sixteen and lost herself in a world of sex and drugs before finding herself again. In 2007, a mail correspondence between Gynning and Alex Schulman was released as a book.
In 2011, she debuted as a book author herself with the book Laura - flickan från havet, released by Bladh. She got the idea for the book after meeting with author Jens Lapidus. Gynning stated that she wanted to write a book about women who live around Stureplan in Stockholm. She has described the book as a "dirty crime" book. In 2012 the continuation book, Vanessa - flickan i glaskupan, was released.
As an artist
Gynning has had several exhibitions of her artwork.  In April 2009, she hosted a vernissage at Ystad Saltsjöbad. The exhibition was well-received and 15 pieces were sold for between 1 and 2 million (SEK), according to Gynning. Two of the prominent pieces were named Bleeding Barbie and Cat Power. She has also worked with glass and designed a glass collection for the Cervera stores. She had an art exhibition at Gothia Towers on 21 November 2013, along with her mother Agneta Gynning.
She has recently opened an art studio with her mother under the name Studio Gynning, and has been planning a celebration to mark her ten years anniversary as a professional artist. She is also a jewelry designer. She has also revealed in a newspaper interview that motherhood has affected her art. Her paintings, she has said, are not as dark now as previously, and although in the past she drew mainly portraits, she now paints the whole body. She attributes this to her having become a mother and to her sense that she is now a more complete person.
Removal of silicon implants
In January 2007, Gynning declared to the media that she would remove and sell her breast implants, as she wished to downsize her breasts. In early February 2007, she underwent surgery to remove the implants and Elisabeth Ohlson Wallin took photos of them. The implants were placed in a plexiglass box and sold on the auction site eBay; revenues from the sale were given to a charity that works with victims of the war in Rwanda.
Gynning comes from a very artistic family. She is the daughter of Agneta Gynning, an artist, and her grandfather's brother was the well-known artist and textile artist Lars Gynning, who studied under Isaac Grünewald.
|2007||Privat: mejlkorrespondens||Jointly with Alex Schulman|
|2009||Ego Women||Follow-up to Ego Girl|
|2007||Idol 2007||Presenter with Carina Berg|
|2008||I huvudet på Gynning|
|2008||Stjärnor på is|
|2009||Hjälp! Jag är med i en japansk TV-show|
TV presenter filmography
|2005||Fångarna på fortet||Participants|
|2008||Vakna med The Voice||Recurring guest|
|2008||Lilla Al-Fadji & Co||Guest|
|2008||Videokväll hos Luuk||Guest|
|2014||Talang Sverige 2014|
|-||"I Will Never Give It Up"|
|2008||"Allt jag tar på blir till guld"|
|2004||Happily Ever After||Zoe|
- "'Jag gillar att skapa debatt'". Sydsvenskan. 6 October 2008. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Fremin, Linus (27 August 2012). "Jag tar mig själv på större allvar". Dagens Nyheter. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Ego Girl Carolina Gynning bokrecension". Boksidan.net. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Bimbo på allvar". Svenska Dagbladet. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "Gynning: "Jag är supertraditionell"". Expressen. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "Carolina Gynning ångrar sina bröstoperationer". Hotgossip.se. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Carolina Gynning vann Big Brother". Expressen. 9 February 2007. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Big Brother-Carolina fick lämna 'Let's dance'". Expressen. 20 January 2006. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Hyllade Blondinbella - och hånade Gynning". Expressen. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "Carolina Gynning - cha-cha-cha - Let's dance". tv4.se. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- Hombach, Jean-Pierre. Justin Bieber. epubli. p. 487. GGKEY:N1G890A2KTB.
- "Motor - Carolina Gynning intervju". Aftonbladet. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Se I huvudet på Gynning i Kanal 5 Play". Webb-tv.nu. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Sandell, Åsa (29 June 2013). "Åsa Sandell om Carolina Gynnings sommarprat" (in Swedish). hd.se. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Ek, Torbjörn (23 October 2013). "Carolina Gynning ny domare i 'Talang'". Aftonbladet. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Talang Sverige-juryns första glada möte" (in Swedish). Tv3.se. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "Gynning: 'Jag är supertraditionell'". Expressen. 20 October 2013. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "'Blondie'". Expressen. 20 November 2012. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Carolina Gynning: 'Jag saknar absolut inte krogen'". World News. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Parfym carolina gynning Parfym dam". Pricerunner.se. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Carolina Gynning Passion edt 30ml". Prisjakt. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "Carolina Gynning lanserar parfym". RealTid.se. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "Jag har knarkat så in i helvete". Aftonbladet. 13 August 2005. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Privat : mejlkorrespondens - Carolina Gynning, Alex Schulman". Bokus.com. 1 September 2007. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Läs utdraget ur Gynnings nya bok "Ego woman"". Aftonbladet. 8 September 2009. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Laura : flickan från havet - Carolina Gynning". Adlibris.com. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Carolina Gynning". Bladhbybladh.se. 2013. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Gynnings miljoner - så mycket tjänar 32-åringen". Dagensps.se. 18 April 2011. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Kommande utställningar". Gynning.net. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "GYNNINGS GLAS NU I BUTIK". Hemmaportalen.se. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Hemma hos gravida Carolina Gynning". Expressen.
- "Gynning x 2 at Gothia Towers, 19 to 24 November". Gothia Towers.
- "Gynning: "Jag är supertraditionell"". Expressen.
- "Carolina Gynning: Vill att Alexander ska fria". Expressen.
- Ericson, Pernilla (29 June 2013). "Berättar om ett övergrepp – och den nya Carolina". Aftonbladet. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Blondinbella slår Carl-Johan Bonnier" (in Swedish). Affarsvarlden.se. 29 December 2008. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Amster, Harry (20 September 2009). "Till minne av ett par bröst". Svenska Dagbladet (in Swedish). Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Nu säljer hon fejktuttarna". Aftonbladet. 9 January 2007. Retrieved 4 January 2014.
- "Gynning och Gynning öppnar upp nytt galleri". Expressen. 16 October 2013. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Björkman, Anna (25 April 2013). "Carolina Gynning: "Det var skitskönt att slippa amningen"". Mama.nu. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Carolina Gynning.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Carolina Gynning|