Carolinas Healthcare System
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2008)|
Carolinas HealthCare System is a network of hospitals, freestanding emergency departments, urgent cares and practices, located throughout North and South Carolina. About 90% of the hospitals affiliated with the system are located within a 75 mile radius of Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, North Carolina. The system's headquarters and the flagship hospital, Carolinas Medical Center are located in the Dilworth and Myers Park areas of Charlotte. They have over 60,000 employees.
- 1 Hospitals
- 1.1 North Carolina
- 1.2 South Carolina
- 2 Urgent Care Centers
- 3 Rehabilitation Facilities
- 4 Behavioral Health Facilities
- 5 Other Facilities
- 6 External links
- 7 References
The Carolinas HealthCare System comprises the following hospitals:
Carolinas HealthCare System is based in Charlotte, but its operations are not limited to Charlotte. The network operates eight hospitals within the Charlotte area; four of them are considered by many to comprise 90% of Carolinas HealthCare System's operations.
These hospitals are considered to be the bulk of Carolinas HealthCare's operations:
- Carolinas Medical Center - This is the flagship hospital for the entire system (located between Dilworth and Myers Park)
- Levine Children's Hospital (Children's Hospital, located at the CMC Campus in Charlotte)
- Carolinas Medical Center-Mercy (located in the Elizabeth neighborhood, central Charlotte)
- Carolinas Medical Center-Pineville (located in Pineville)
- Carolinas Medical Center-Randolph - Only dedicated psychiatric emergency department in the region (located in central Charlotte)
- Carolinas Medical Center-University (located in the University City neighborhood, northeast Charlotte)
- Carolinas Medical Center-NorthEast (located in Concord, formerly NorthEast Medical Center & Cabarrus Memorial Hospital)
- Carolinas Medical Center-Union (located in Monroe)
Freestanding Emergency Departments
Carolinas HealthCare System operates six freestanding Emergency Departments. These are 24-hour emergency care centers for the treatment of urgent and emergent medical conditions, but are not attached to a full service hospital.
- Carolinas HealthCare System Harrisburg
- Carolinas HealthCare System Huntersville
- Carolinas HealthCare System Kannapolis
- Carolinas HealthCare System SouthPark
- Carolinas HealthCare System Steele Creek
- Carolinas HealthCare System Waxhaw
These hospitals are other community and regional medical centers that Carolinas Healthcare System owns or operates:
- Carolinas HealthCare System - Anson (located in Wadesboro)
- Cleveland Regional Medical Center (located in Shelby)
- Carolinas Medical Center-Lincoln (located in Lincolnton)
- Kings Mountain Hospital (located in Kings Mountain)
- Stanly Regional Medical Center (located in Albemarle)
Carolinas HealthCare System manages Blue Ridge Health Care System, which includes the following hospitals.
- Carolinas HealthCare System - Blue Ridge - Morganton (located in Morganton)
- Carolinas HealthCare System - Blue Ridge - Valdese (located in Valdese)
The majority of Carolinas HealthCare System's hospital operations in South Carolina is around the Charleston area.
Charleston Metropolitan Area
The hospitals Carolinas HealthCare manage in Charleston are organized as Roper-St. Francis Health System. This system was created in partnership with two other non-profit organizations, the Medical Society of South Carolina, one of the oldest continuously operating physician organizations in the United States and the owner of Roper Hospital, and the Bon Secours Healthcare System, which owns hospitals and medical facilities throughout the eastern United States.
Roper-St. Francis Health System
- Roper Hospital (located in Charleston)
- Bon Secours St. Francis Xaiver Hospital (A Roman Catholic Hospital - located in West Ashley)
- Roper-St. Francis Mount Pleasant Hospital (located in Mount Pleasant)
- Roper Berkeley Day Hospital (Outpatient Facility located in Moncks Corner)
- Wallace Thomson Hospital (Located in Union)
Urgent Care Centers
Known as Carolinas HealthCare Urgent Care, it is a system of 18 Urgent Care centers in the Charlotte metropolitan area. Most are open from 8:00am to 8:00pm, seven days a week (except Thanksgiving and Christmas).
- Arboretum Urgent Care (located in south Charlotte)
- Ballantyne Urgent Care (located in the Ballantyne neighborhood, south Charlotte)
- Cabbarus Urgent Care (located in Concord)
- Cotswold Children's Urgent Care (located in the Cotswold neighborhood, central Charlotte)
- East Lincoln Urgent Care Express (located in Denver)
- Fort Mill Urgent Care (located in Fort Mill, SC)
- Morrocroft Urgent Care (located in the Southpark neighborhood, central Charlotte)
- Prosperity Crossing Urgent Care (located in north Charlotte)
- Matthews Urgent Care (located in Matthews)
- Mint Hill Urgent Care (located in Mint Hill)
- Mountain Island Urgent Care (located in Northwest Charlotte)
- Northcross Urgent Care (located in Huntersville)
- Steele Creek Urgent Care (located in the Steele Creek neighborhood, southwest Charlotte)
- Monroe Urgent Care (located in Monroe)
- Union West Urgent Care 24 (located in Indian Trail)
- Gastonia (located in Gastonia)
Carolinas HealthCare System operates a rehabilitation facility on the main campus of Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte. Other Rehabilitation facilities include:
- Carolinas Rehabilitation-Mount Holly (located in Mount Holly)
- Roper Rehabilitation Hospital (located at Roper Hospital Campus in Charleston)
Behavioral Health Facilities
Carolinas HealthCare System operates a 66 bed inpatient and outpatient behavioral health facility on Randolph Road in Charlotte in partnership with Mecklenburg County. Outpatient services include child, adolescent and adult Partial Hospitalization Programs.
In addition to providing patients with quality health care, Carolinas HealthCare System operates long-term care facilities in the Charlotte Area. Other facilities of importance include:
- James G. Cannon Research Center (Research Facility, located on CMC campus in Dilworth)
- Carolinas College of Health Sciences (Education Facility, located on CMC campus in Dilworth)
- Carolinas Physician Network (Network of Physician Offices in North and South Carolina)
- Crawley Memorial Hospital - a Long-term acute care facility located in Boiling Springs
- Mercy School of Nursing (Education Facility, located in southwest Charlotte) 
- Carolinas Healthcare System homepage
- Carolinas College of Health Sciences homepage
- Carolinas Physicians Network homepage
- "CMC Facilities". Retrieved 2011-05-11.
- "Urgent Care Locations & Hours". Retrieved 2011-05-11.