|The Bold and the Beautiful character|
|Portrayed by||Linsey Godfrey|
|First appearance||March 28, 2012|
|Created by||Bradley Bell|
|Occupation||Fashion designer, humanitarian, philanthropist|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
Caroline Forrester (né Spencer) is a fictional character from the CBS Daytime soap opera, The Bold and the Beautiful, created by producer Bradley Bell. She is portrayed by actress Linsey Godfrey. She is the daughter of media mogul Karen Spencer (Joanna Johnson), niece of media mogul Bill Spencer, Jr. (Don Diamont) and namesake of her aunt, Caroline Spencer Forrester (Johnson).
On February 7, 2012 is was announced that Joanna Johnson would reprise the role of Karen Spencer and would be arriving alongside her never-before-heard-of-and-seen daughter Caroline, the namesake of deceased twin sister Caroline Spencer. It was announced that actress Linsey Godfrey was cast into the new role. Godfrey is known for her roles on several television series such as NCIS, One Tree Hill, and Wizards of Waverly Place. The character, while unknown to viewers, would be acknowledged and known to those on-screen. In April 2012, it was announced that Crystal Chappell would enter the cast of the series as Caroline's second mother, in the series' first ever lesbian storyline. Godfrey has a tattoo to symbolize her successful battle with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, which the producers wrote into the show.
Caroline's initial storyline revolves around a storyline about her and her same-sex mothers, Karen (Joanna Johnson) and Danielle Spencer (Crystal Chappell), entitled "My Two Moms". Caroline was noted by head writer Bradley Bell and writers Patrick Mulcahey and Tracey Ann Kelly to represent a younger generational view of her mothers' sexuality; Kelly stated: "She did not understand the need to feel secretive, whereas her mother, having dealt with this in a much different time, felt very different about it. So I felt it was wonderful to see the generational difference in the attitude". Caroline's importance in the storyline was a key aspect, as her mothers had their "hands full" while coming together to help Caroline deal with her own problems. The role of Caroline was involved in two romances, the first being with Thomas Forrester (Adam Gregory), before she moved on with his arch-rival Rick Forrester (Jacob Young).
Rick falls out of love with Caroline and begins falling for an underprivileged aspiring actress, Maya Avant (Karla Mosley); he attempts to dump her but Caroline begins scheming to remove Maya from his life. By this point, she was described by Jamey Giddens of the website Zap2it as "cunning" and scheming "blonde vixen", enjoying her new "fantastically-bitchy" persona. Joanna Johnson, upon her return to the series, characterized Caroline as having changed into "a total bad-ass crazy person" who needed "mothering".
In March 2012, Karen Spencer (Joanna Johnson) returned to town with a surprise trip for her daughter, Caroline to Los Angeles for an interview at Forrester Creations. Brooke Logan Forrester (Katherine Kelly Lang) and Ridge Forrester (Ronn Moss) plan to use Caroline's arrival as a collaborater for Rick Forrester (Jacob Young) and his new line, while Brooke has ulterior motives to use her as a distraction for Rick from Amber Moore (Adrienne Frantz). Upon arrival, both Brooke and Ridge offer a trial deal with Caroline, sparking concern with Karen over their intentions, especially those of Brooke. Caroline accepts the job, as well as Rick. At a welcoming party of the Forrester Estate, Caroline is introduced to everyone in the company. She is, however, given a very dishonest welcome and toast by Amber. She later admits that she felt like she had a special kinship with her aunt Caroline (Johnson), and announced her decision to bring The Caroline Spencer Cancer Foundation, a research fund she runs for her aunt, to Los Angeles.
And the party, Ridge brings Caroline to the guest house where he stayed with Caroline, where he shared several memories about Caroline including the charm bracelet he gave to her. She then revealed to Ridge the cancer ribbon she got in honor of Caroline, located on the back of her neck. As Caroline begins to grow a deeper connection to Rick, Amber begins to manipulate her into believing he enjoys dressing in drag. She catches him in photos wearing dresses, lipstick and walking the Forrester runway in five-inch heels. This continues to drive her away from Rick, believing he is playing her and not being truthful about his true intentions. She then begins to develop a relationship with Thomas Forrester (Adam Gregory); as her relationship intensifies with him, she introduces him to Karen and her life partner, Danielle (Crystal Chappell). They also work together to free Marcus Barber Forrester (Texas Battle) from charges accusing him of running over his friend, Anthony, the night before his wedding to Dayzee Leigh (Kristolyn Lloyd).Thomas and Caroline begin to get serious, even though Rick is interested in Caroline and intends to steal her away from Thomas. Caroline's relationship with Thomas began to hit shaky ground when Thomas began supporting his ex, Hope Logan (Kim Matula), following her split from Caroline's cousin, Liam Spencer (Scott Clifton). Ridge names Thomas interim CEO of Forrester Creations, over Rick, Caroline begins to see a change in him. Thomas and Rick have an argument during which Rick falls out of a window and falsely claims Thomas pushed him. Caroline breaks up with Thomas and starts dating Rick. The relationship starts out well but begins to suffer when Rick meets a woman named Maya. Rick ends his relationship with Caroline after her bad treatment of Maya and the two start dating. Caroline than makes it her mission to get Rick back by helping him with the rebranding of "Hope for the Future" which in turn plays on Maya's insecurities. After a series of misunderstandings, encouraged by Caroline. Maya breaks up with Rick and he reunites with Caroline. The two soon become engaged and with Rick's insistence, they marry in front of their family and friends at the Forrester Mansion on Thanksgiving.
- "B&B's Johnson Returns!". Soap Opera Digest. Soapoperadigest.com. 2012-02-07. Retrieved February 7, 2012.
- Fairman, Michael (2012-02-07). "Joanna Johnson heads back to B&B and brings with her newbie Linsey Godfrey!". Michael Fairman On Air On Soaps. Michaelfairmansoaps.com. Retrieved July 25, 2012.
- Kroll, Dan J. (2011-03-08). "Joanna Johnson returning and she won't be alone". Soap Central. Soapcentral.com. Retrieved July 25, 2012.
- Kerr, Luke (2012-02-07). "The Spencer Family Grows on B&B". Daytime Confidential. Daytimeconfidential.com. Retrieved August 7, 2012.
- "Huge News: Crystal Chappell To B&B!". Soap Opera Digest. Soapoperadigest.com. 2012-04-11. Retrieved July 25, 2012.
- Rice, Lynette (2012-04-11). "Lesbian Storyline Coming to Bold and the Beautiful". Entertainment Weekly. InsideTV.EW.com. Retrieved April 11, 2011.
- Fairman, Michael (2012-04-11). "BREAKING NEWS: Crystal Chappell Joins The Bold and the Beautiful in New Lesbian Storyline!". Michael Fairman On Air On Soaps. Michaelfairmansoaps.com. Retrieved July 25, 2012.
- Kroll, Dan J. (2012-04-12). "Crystal Chappell hired for groundbreaking B&B role". Soap Central. Soapcentral.com. Retrieved July 25, 2012.
- "B&B’s Linsey Godrey Talks About Her Battle With Hodgkin’s Lymphoma And Being A Survivor!". On-Air On-Soaps. Michael Fairman Soaps, Inc. July 2, 2012. Retrieved July 29, 2013.
- Burnett, Jr., Gehrig (April 4, 2013). "‘B&B’ Scribes Discuss The Shows First GLAAD Media Award Nomination". Soap Opera Network. Manti Incorporated. Retrieved July 29, 2013.
- Fairman, Michael (April 1, 2013). "A Bold Move". FrontiersLA.com. Retrieved July 29, 2013.
- "Interview with The Bold & The Beautiful co-stars Linsey Godrey & Adam Gregory". Soaps In Depth (Bauer Media Group). September 10, 2012. ISSN 1533-967X.
- Cellura, Regan (May 7, 2013). "Rick Tries to Dump Caroline on the Bold and the Beautiful!". Zap2it. Tribune Media Services.
- Giddens, Jamey (July 17, 2013). "Caroline Simulates Maya and Carter's Web Series Chemistry on Bold and Beautiful". Zap2it. Tribune Media Services. Retrieved July 29, 2013.
- Giddens, Jamey (June 21, 2013). "Will Caroline Get Maya Cast as Carter's "Perfect Leading Lady" on The Bold and the Beautiful?". Zap2it. Tribune Media Services. Retrieved July 29, 2013.
- Giddens, Jamey (April 11, 2013). "Will Caroline Expose Rick and Maya's Relationship to The Press on Bold and Beautiful?". Zap2it. Tribune Media Services. Retrieved July 29, 2013.
- Logan, Michael (June 3, 2013). "Bold and the Beautiful's Joanna Johnson Dishes The Fosters and Her "Gayest Year Ever"". TV Guide. CBS Interactive. Retrieved July 29, 2013.
- "March 2012 Daily Updates". Bell Media Productions. Theboldandthebeautiful.com. March 2012. Retrieved August 7, 2012.
- "Week of March 26, 2012". CBS. CBS.com. March 2012. Retrieved August 7, 2012.
- "Episode 6288". CBS. CBS.com. 2012-03-28. Retrieved August 7, 2012.
- "Episode 6289". CBS. CBS.com. 2012-03-29. Retrieved August 7, 2012.
- "Week of April 2, 2012". CBS. CBS.com. April 2012. Retrieved August 7, 2012.
- "Episode 6293". CBS. CBS.com. 2012-04-04. Retrieved August 7, 2012.
- "Episode 6294". CBS. CBS.com. 2012-04-05. Retrieved August 7, 2012.
- About B&B: Who's who in Los Angeles | Caroline Spencer Forrester | Soapcentral.com
- About B&B: Who's who in Los Angeles | Caroline Spencer | Soapcentral.com
- The Bold and the Beautiful | Caroline Spencer | Soaps.com