From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Carolingian is an adjective applied to topics concerning or in the time of the Carolingian dynasty in medieval history. Secondarily it can mean developments only in the time of Charlemagne. Carolingian has been applied to:
- Carolingian Empire, founded by Charlemagne.
- Carolingian minuscule, a type of writing
- Carolingian G, a written letter G
- Carolingian Renaissance, a cultural revival in Europe
- Carolingian art, a type of art
- Carolingian architecture, a type of architecture
- Carolingian Schools, a type of school
- Carolingian Gospel Book (British Library, MS Add. 11848), a manuscript
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.