Carolyn Cohen is a Professor Emeritus of Biology at Brandeis University. Working at the Rosenstiel Basic Medical Sciences Research Center, her research explores protein structures using X-ray crystallography.
Dr. Cohen earned her Ph.D. from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and is a Member of the National Academy of Sciences and a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. She received the 2000 Founder's Award for outstanding achievement in Biophysics from the Biophysical Society.
- Hunter College High School
- Bachelor of Arts, Biology and Physics, Bryn Mawr College, 1950
- Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- "Retiring faculty members honored at luncheon". Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- Cohen, Carolyn (September 16, 2011). "Mrs. Professor". The Journal of Biological Chemistry 286 (37): 31929–31931. doi:10.1074/jbc.X111.287250. PMID 21799004.
- Cohen, Carolyn (November 9, 2007). "Seeing and Knowing in Structural Biology". The Journal of Biological Chemistry 282: 32529–32538. doi:10.1074/jbc.X700001200. PMID 17848543.