|Member of the Minnesota House of Representatives
from the 41B district
January 3, 2007
|Preceded by||Barb Goodwin|
|Born||May 1946 (age 68)|
|Political party||Minnesota Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party|
|Residence||Columbia Heights, Minnesota|
|Alma mater||Hibbing Junior College
University of Minnesota Duluth
St. Mary's University
Saybrook Graduate School
Carolyn D. Laine (born May 1946) is a Minnesota politician and member of the Minnesota House of Representatives. A member of the Minnesota Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party (DFL), she represents District 41B, which includes portions of Anoka, Hennepin, and Ramsey counties in the northern Twin Cities metropolitan area. She is also an educator.
Early life, education, and career
Laine attended Hibbing Junior College in Hibbing, then went on to the University of Minnesota in Duluth, receiving her B.S. in Education and Psychology. She later earned her M.A. in Psychology from St. Mary's University, based in Winona. She has done doctoral graduate work in Health Psychology through Saybrook Graduate School and Research Center, based in San Francisco, California.
Laine has worked as a reserve teacher for the Minneapolis Public School System, and as a financial director for the Novalis Institute in Columbia Heights. She served on the Columbia Heights School Board for ten years, and was also a member of the Columbia Heights Charter Commission. She is a former leader of the Parent Communication Network, and a member of the Interfaith Alliance.
Minnesota House of Representatives
Laine was first elected in 2006, opting to run after three-term Rep. Barb Goodwin decided not to seek re-election, and was re-elected in 2008, 2010, and 2012.
- "Minnesota Legislators Past & Present - Legislator Record - Laine, Carolyn". Leg.state.mn.us. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "Project Vote Smart - Representative Carolyn Laine - Biography". Votesmart.org. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "Carolyn Laine for MN House of Representatives District 50A". Carolynlaine.com. November 7, 2006. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "Minnesota Politics: Rep. Barb Goodwin not running again". Minnpolitics.blogspot.com. December 9, 2005. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- Carolyn Laine at Minnesota Legislators Past & Present
- Rep. Laine Web Page
- Project Votesmart - Rep. Carolyn Laine Profile
- Minnesota Public Radio Votetracker: Rep. Carolyn Laine
- Carolyn Laine Campaign Web Site