Carolyn McKecuen is President of the Take Our Daughters And Sons To Work Foundation. She supported Take our Daughters to the Polls as a non-partisan initiative. She is founder and director of Watermark, a member-owned craft cooperative.
- Presidential Award for Public/Private Support in Microenterprise, by the Ms. Foundation
- 1994 MacArthur Fellows Program
- Understanding employee ownership, Editors Corey M. Rosen, Karen M. Young, Cornell University Press, 1991, ISBN 978-0-87546-172-4
- Leadership as a Habit of Mind, Barbara Mackoff, Gary Wenet, iUniverse, 2005, ISBN 978-0-595-34903-6
- Action programmes for the protection of homeworkers: ten case studies from around the world, Ursula Huws, International Labour Organization, 1995, ISBN 978-92-2-109189-9