||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009)|
Caron moved to New York at 14 after being approached by photographer Patsy Dunn and asked to take test photos for her portfolio. Patsy sent the results to the New York headquarters of Ford Models. This led to a new career for Caron in America where she represented South Africa for the agency's Supermodel of the World contest.
Caron remained in New York taking up acting work in movies such as Who's the man? and Business for Pleasure (where she took a leading role opposite Gary Stretch.) She is still pursuing music, inspired by her punk-rock heroes as a teen (including David Bowie, Iggy Pop, and Annie Lennox), and has appeared in many different bands including Kill-5 and C.
She also works with artists such as Daniel Cartier, for whom she provided backing vocals on his "Avenue A" album.
Bernstein was previously married to German musician and lead-guitarist for the bands Rammstein and Emigrate, Richard Zven Kruspe. Richard and Caron were married on 29 October 1999 and believed to have divorced in 2005/06.
On 17 July 2009 Caron married financier Andrew Schupak of the Schupak Group , who represented the USA competing in the Long Course Triathlon World Championship among other things. The marriage took place on their estate in Stone Ridge, New York. On 19 March 2010 they welcomed the first child together, a boy. Jett Peter Schupak. She is also the step mother to Sidney Schupak, Andrews son from a previous relationship. The family divides their time between their estate and their New York City residence.
- Indiscretion (101) (2005) - Kristin
- Operation Midnight Climax (film)|Operation Midnight Climax (2002) - Kali 'Bondgirl' Bond
- Red Shoe Diaries 18: The Game (2000) (V) - Lily (segment: "The Game")
- Business for Pleasure (1997) - Isabel
- Who's the Man? (1993) - Kelly
- Waxwork II: Lost in Time (1992) - The Master's Girl
- "Red Shoe Diaries" - Art of Loneliness (1996) (TV episode) - Frances
- "Red Shoe Diaries" - The Game (1994) (TV episode) - Lily