Location in Siskiyou County and the state of California
|• Total||0.059 sq mi (0.152 km2)|
|• Land||0.059 sq mi (0.152 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||3,497 ft (1,066 m)|
|• Density||2,200/sq mi (860/km2)|
|Time zone||Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC-7)|
|GNIS feature ID||1853381|
Carrick is a census-designated place (CDP) in Siskiyou County, California, United States. The population was 131 at the 2010 census, down from 156 at the 2000 census. Carrick is located just outside the town of Weed, uses Weed in its mailing addresses and is generally viewed by locals as a neighborhood of Weed, though located outside of the city proper.
Carrick is located at .(41.446118, -122.363368)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2), all of it land.
The 2010 United States Census reported that Carrick had a population of 131. The population density was 2,227.7 people per square mile (860.1/km²). The racial makeup of Carrick was 110 (84.0%) White, 7 (5.3%) African American, 2 (1.5%) Native American, 2 (1.5%) Asian, 0 (0.0%) Pacific Islander, 1 (0.8%) from other races, and 9 (6.9%) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 8 persons (6.1%).
The Census reported that 131 people (100% of the population) lived in households, 0 (0%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 0 (0%) were institutionalized.
There were 52 households, out of which 20 (38.5%) had children under the age of 18 living in them, 22 (42.3%) were opposite-sex married couples living together, 8 (15.4%) had a female householder with no husband present, 7 (13.5%) had a male householder with no wife present. There were 2 (3.8%) unmarried opposite-sex partnerships, and 1 (1.9%) same-sex married couples or partnerships. 14 households (26.9%) were made up of individuals and 3 (5.8%) had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.52. There were 37 families (71.2% of all households); the average family size was 2.95.
The population was spread out with 36 people (27.5%) under the age of 18, 12 people (9.2%) aged 18 to 24, 19 people (14.5%) aged 25 to 44, 52 people (39.7%) aged 45 to 64, and 12 people (9.2%) who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 42.8 years. For every 100 females there were 98.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 102.1 males.
There were 65 housing units at an average density of 1,105.4 per square mile (426.8/km²), of which 34 (65.4%) were owner-occupied, and 18 (34.6%) were occupied by renters. The homeowner vacancy rate was 5.4%; the rental vacancy rate was 14.3%. 82 people (62.6% of the population) lived in owner-occupied housing units and 49 people (37.4%) lived in rental housing units.
As of the census of 2000, there were 156 people, 56 households, and 38 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 2,279.3 people per square mile (860.5/km²). There were 67 housing units at an average density of 978.9 per square mile (369.6/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 91.03% White, 0.64% African American, 2.56% Native American, 1.92% from other races, and 3.85% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 9.62% of the population.
There were 56 households out of which 44.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 53.6% were married couples living together, 7.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 32.1% were non-families. 23.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 10.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.79 and the average family size was 3.37.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 32.7% under the age of 18, 3.8% from 18 to 24, 32.1% from 25 to 44, 21.8% from 45 to 64, and 9.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 32 years. For every 100 females there were 88.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 90.9 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $22,986, and the median income for a family was $23,819. Males had a median income of $11,250 versus $11,750 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $13,082. About 28.9% of families and 18.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 11.4% of those under the age of eighteen and none of those sixty five or over.
- U.S. Census
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- All data are derived from the United States Census Bureau reports from the 2010 United States Census, and are accessible on-line here. The data on unmarried partnerships and same-sex married couples are from the Census report DEC_10_SF1_PCT15. All other housing and population data are from Census report DEC_10_DP_DPDP1. Both reports are viewable online or downloadable in a zip file containing a comma-delimited data file. The area data, from which densities are calculated, are available on-line here. Percentage totals may not add to 100% due to rounding. The Census Bureau defines families as a household containing one or more people related to the householder by birth, opposite-sex marriage, or adoption. People living in group quarters are tabulated by the Census Bureau as neither owners nor renters. For further details, see the text files accompanying the data files containing the Census reports mentioned above.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Senators". State of California. Retrieved March 10, 2013.
- "Members Assembly". State of California. Retrieved March 2, 2013.
- "California's 1st Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC. Retrieved March 1, 2013.