Carrie Ann Inaba
|Carrie Ann Inaba|
January 5, 1968 |
Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of California, Los Angeles|
|Occupation||Actress, singer, dancer, choreographer, television judge, game show host|
|Partner(s)||Artem Chigvintsev (2006-08)
Jesse Sloan (2009-2012)
She started her career as a singer in Japan, but became best known for her dancing, first introducing herself to American audiences as one of the original Fly Girls on the sketch comedy series In Living Color. She has appeared as one of three judges on the ABC television series Dancing with the Stars.
Inaba was born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii, graduating from Punahou School in 1986. She is of Chinese, Japanese, and Irish descent. She attended Sophia University and University of California, Irvine before graduating from the University of California, Los Angeles with a B.A. degree in world arts and cultures.
Inaba, who speaks Japanese, lived in Tokyo from 1986 to 1988 and was a popular singer. She released three singles, "Party Girl" (backed with "China Blue"), "Be Your Girl" (backed with "6½ Capezio"), and "Yume no Senaka" (backed with "Searching") and hosted weekly radio and television series.
After returning to America, Inaba appeared as one of the "Fly Girls", a group of backing dancers on the television series In Living Color from 1990 to 1992. She also performed with Canadian singer Norman Iceberg and dancers Viktor Manoel (David Bowie's "Glass Spider" tour) and Luca Tommassini at Prince's notorious Glam Slam. Inaba appeared as a dancer during Madonna's 1993 Girlie Show World Tour.
Film and television appearances
Inaba appeared in the film Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002) as Fook Yu, alongside Diane Mizota, who played her twin sister Fook Mi. The two women are not related, but when Mizota had been cast for her role, she was asked if she knew any actresses who resembled her and suggested Inaba. Inaba, who had appeared briefly in Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, was given the role and the two women were made up to appear as identical twins. Inaba and Mizota would later reprise their roles with Mike Myers in a commercial for Motorola.
Inaba has acted (usually as a dancer) in the movies Monster Mash: The Movie, Lord of Illusions, Showgirls, Boys and Girls, Flintstones II, Freak and American Virgin and the television series Jack & Jill and Nikki.
Inaba has appeared on The View, the ABC talent competition Dance War: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann, and the FOX special Breaking the Magician's Code: Magic's Biggest Secrets Finally Revealed.
Inaba has choreographed several television series, including American Idol, American Juniors, All American Girl, He's a Lady, In Search of the Partridge Family (in which she also appeared on air), Married by America, The Sexiest Bachelor in America Pageant, The Swan, and Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire?. She also choreographed the Miss America Pageant for five years. She appeared in the first season of So You Think You Can Dance during the audition stages where she provided choreography for the "choreography round".
Inaba is the founder and President of EnterMediArts, Inc., a video production company. She directs, writes, and edits films. Her work includes E! Behind The Scenes Miss America Special, 7th Festival of the Pacific Arts, A Portrait of IVI and Beyond the Dancing Image, along with the short feature film, Black Water.
On the March 31, 2011 episode of Live with Regis and Kelly, Regis Philbin was "answering" a letter asking for advice on how to propose. The lights dimmed just before Inaba's boyfriend, Jesse Sloan, appeared on stage. With violinists playing in the background, Sloan, bent on one knee, asked for Inaba's hand, to which she responded "Yes! I will marry you!" Inaba and Jesse met on online dating site eHarmony. In an interview with US Weekly in 2011, Inaba stated that she and Sloan would marry in the summer of that year. In September 2012, a representative for Dancing with the Stars announced that Inaba and Sloan had amicably ended their engagement.
In a 2011 interview with Prevention, Inaba claims that she is legally blind, having a vision of 20/750 which is corrected with glasses and contact lenses. The American Foundation for the Blind defines legal blindness as vision worse than 20/200 with the best possible correction (even with glasses) She also revealed that she suffers from spinal stenosis.
Inaba has expressed a great love and respect for animals, supporting organizations such as the Humane Society of the United States and PETA, and launching the Carrie Ann Animal Foundation in 2012. 
|2002||Austin Powers in Goldmember||Fook Yu|
|2000||Boys and Girls||Dancer|
|1999||American Virgin||Hiromi||Direct to-DVD|
|1999||Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me||Felicity's Dancer #1|
|1995||Monster Mash: The Movie||Dancer #2||Direct to-DVD|
|1995||Lord of Illusions||Dancer|
|1993||Rhythm & Jam||Dancer||TV Movie|
|2009||Hannah Montana||Tina||Episode: Papa's Got a Brand New Friend|
|1999||Jack & Jill||Dancer||Episode: Fear and Loathing in Gotham|
|1990-1992||In Living Color||Fly Girl||68 episodes|
- "Women's Health Experience". Womenshealthexperience.com. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- Carrie Ann Inaba at the Internet Movie Database (Biography section)
- "de beste bron van informatie over simplykathy. Deze website is te koop!". simplykathy.com. 2009-02-20. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- Tim Molloy (29 July 2009). "Carrie Ann Inaba, Chris Harrison Join TV Guide Network's Red Carpet Coverage". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2009-07-29.
- "Carrie Ann Inaba Not Returning to GSN's 1 vs. 100 – Will the Show Go On?". July 29, 2011. Retrieved April 10, 2012.
- American Dancer, January/February 2009 (pdf), page 24-25
- Carrie Ann Inaba and Artem Chigvintsev Have Split People.com, February 5, 2009
- "Carrie Ann Inaba Gets Engaged On Live Tv So How Did Jake Gyllenhaal Almost Blow It". E! Online. 2011-03-31. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- "Carrie Ann Inaba: I Met My Fiance Online!". Accesshollywood.com. 2011-10-26. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- March 7, 2011 AT 6:32PM (2011-03-07). "DWTS' Carrie Ann Inaba: I'm Getting Married This Summer!". UsMagazine.com. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- "Carrie Ann Inaba Calls Off Her Engagement". People. September 9, 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-10.
- "Key Definitions of Statistical Terms - American Foundation for the Blind". Afb.org. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- "Carrie Ann Inaba's Health and Fitness Tips". Prevention.com. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- "Carrie Ann Inaba To Host The Humane Society Of The United States’ 26th Annual Genesis Awards," CBS, 22 March 2012 http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/03/22/carrie-ann-inaba-to-host-the-human-societys-26th-annual-genisis-awards/
- "Carrie Ann Inaba's PETA Ad Campaign," People, 26 August 2009 http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20300598,00.html.
- Helin Jung, "Carrie Ann Inaba Launches Animal Foundation," People, 6 November 2012 http://www.peoplepets.com/people/pets/article/0,,20645234,00.html.
- Official website of Carrie Ann Inaba
- Carrie Ann Inaba at the Internet Movie Database
- Carrie Ann Inaba interview
- Carrie Ann Inaba Interview at PR.com
|Host of 1 vs. 100