Carroll County Sheriff's Office (Maryland)
|Carroll County Sheriff's Office|
|Legal personality||Governmental: Government agency|
|Operations jurisdiction*||Carroll County, State of Maryland, USA|
|Map of Carroll County Sheriff's Office's jurisdiction.|
|Headquarters||100 North Court Street, Westminster, Maryland 21157|
|Agency executive||Kenneth L. Tregoning, Sheriff|
|* Divisional agency: Division of the country, over which the agency has usual operational jurisdiction.|
The Carroll County Sheriff's Office (CCSO) was created in 1837 and is the primary law enforcement agency for Carroll County, MD. It services a population of 170,260 people within 449.13 square miles.
The current Sheriff of the Carroll County Sheriff's Office is Kenneth L. Tregoning. Sheriff Tregoning was elected as Sheriff in November 1998 and is the 57th Sheriff to serve as the Sheriff for the Carroll County Sheriff's Office. The Carroll County Sheriff's Office took over county wide jurisdiction in June 2011. Before June 2011 the Maryland State Police assisted the Carroll County Sheriff's Office with some of the primary duties that would be normally handled by the Sheriff's Office. The Carroll County Sheriff's Office divides the county into two districts: Northern and Southern. Each patrol district is sub-divided into two patrol sectors. There are three bureaus: 
Field Services Bureau-
- Patrol Division- Consists of Road Patrol, K-9, Traffic Enforcement, and Community Affairs.
- Civil Division- Consists of civilian constables that serve criminal and civil writs.
Investigative Services Bureau-
- Criminal Division- provides investigative services for major felonies (e.g., homicide, rape, etc.) through Criminal Investigation. It also manages the Drug Task Force and the Warrant/Fugitive Team.
- Child/Family Division- Provides victim services through Carroll County Advocacy Investigative Center (CCAIC), Child Support Enforcement, Domestic Violence Advocacy, and D.A.R.E..
- Court Division- Provides security for the District and Circuit courts, as well as prisoner transportation.
Management Services Bureau-
- Support Division- Provides service to the Police Academy, vehicle maintenance (Fleet Services), supply, and training
- Administrative Division- Provides financial services, human resources/recruiting, public information (PIO), and applicant investigations.
- Canine Unit (K9)
- Special Enforcement Team
- Community Deputy Program
- Bike Patrol Program
- Crisis Response Team
- Crisis Negotiations Team