Carroll Township, Ottawa County, Ohio
|Carroll Township, Ottawa County, Ohio|
Location of Carroll Township in Ottawa County.
|• Total||36.3 sq mi (93.9 km2)|
|• Land||33.7 sq mi (87.3 km2)|
|• Water||2.5 sq mi (6.6 km2)|
|Elevation||574 ft (175 m)|
|• Density||57.3/sq mi (22.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086757|
Located in the northern part of the county along Lake Erie, it borders the following townships:
- Put-in-Bay Township - northeast, across Lake Erie
- Erie Township - southeast
- Salem Township - south
- Benton Township - west
- Jerusalem Township, Lucas County - northwest
No municipalities are located in Carroll Township.
Carroll Township also houses the Magee Marsh State Reservation and Davis-Besse Nuclear Power Station.
Name and history
It is the only Carroll Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Ottawa County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.