Carros.com.co homepage taken 06/02/2013
Type of site
|155,568 (July 2013[update])|
Carros.com.co is one of the largest automotive classifieds websites in Colombia. The company is headquartered in Bogotá and operates Carros.co in Brazil and Carros.com.ve in Venezuela. Carros.com.co is privately held.
The Carros.com.co Web site includes prices for new and used vehicles, vehicle test drive reviews, and tips and advice on all aspects of car purchases and ownership. In addition, the company circulates free e-mail newsletters to voluntary subscribers.
Carros.com.co was founded in 2006 by three recently graduated high school students in Bogotá. The site was re-developed and relaunched during the beginning of 2012 and saw a substantial increase in traffic. Amongst the car classified websites in Colombia, it ranks 4th, behind Tucarro.com.co (owned by MercadoLibre), Carroya.com (owned by El Tiempo) and Demotores.com (owned by Dridco). Carros.com.co has relied on organic growth and has not yet invested resources into traditional marketing efforts.
The founders of Carros.com.co recently reported that their network is now displaying more than 1 million cars per month and increasing at a steady rate. Its currently being ranked as the 4th startup in Colombia by StartupRanking.org The startup is currently expanding to Guatemala, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Honduras and Mexico, through their acquisitions of Carros.com.gt, Carros.co.cr, Carros.com.pr, Carros.com.hn and AutosMX.com. The founding partners of the company are Santiago Rodriguez Ortiz, Tomas Dueñas Uribe, Camilo Sánchez Castro and Sebastian Dueñas Uribe.
- "Carros.com.co Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2013-07-10.
- "Top Sites in the Vehículos Category in Colombia". Alexa.com. 2013. Retrieved June 1, 2013. Top Sites in the Vehículos Category in Colombia
- "A Story of Growth at Carros.com.co". Tomas.co. 2013. Retrieved June 1, 2013. A Story of Growth at Carros.com.co
- "Con nuevo Pico y Placa, surge opción gratuita para vender su carro en Internet". Radio Santafé. 2012. Retrieved June 1, 2013. Con nuevo Pico y Placa, surge opción gratuita para vender su carro en Internet
- "Startup Ranking for Colombian Startups". StartupRanking.org. 2013. Retrieved June 1, 2013. Startup Ranking for Colombian Startups
- "A Story of Growth at Carros.com.co". Tomas.co. 2013. Retrieved June 12, 2013. A Story of Growth at Carros.com.co