Carson City Airport
|IATA: CSN – ICAO: KCXP – FAA LID: CXP|
|Operator||Carson City Airport Authority|
|Serves||Carson City, Nevada|
|Elevation AMSL||4,704 ft / 1,432 m|
Carson Airport (IATA: CSN, ICAO: KCXP, FAA LID: CXP), also known as Carson City Airport, is a public use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) northeast of the central business district of Carson City, the capital of the U.S. state of Nevada. It is operated by the Carson City Airport Authority. According to the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, it is categorized as a reliever airport.
Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned CXP by the FAA and CSN by the IATA (which assigned CXP to Tunggul Wulung Airport in Cilacap, Java, Indonesia). The airport's ICAO identifier is KCXP.
Facilities and aircraft
Carson Airport covers an area of 632 acres (256 ha) at an elevation of 4,697 feet (1,432 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 9/27 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,906 by 75 feet (1,800 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending June 30, 2009, the airport had 83,500 aircraft operations, an average of 228 per day: 91% general aviation and 9% air taxi. At that time there were 223 aircraft based at this airport: 76% single-engine, 11% multi-engine, 3% jet, <1% helicopter, 1% glider and 9% ultralight. Based aircraft include several amphibians which frequently fly to and land in nearby Lake Tahoe.
- FAA Airport Master Record for CXP ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. August 27, 2009.
- Carson City Airport, official site
- PDF (29.6 KB). Nevada Department of Transportation. April 2007.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems (NPIAS): 2009-2013. Federal Aviation Administration. October 1, 2008.
- Great Circle Mapper: CSN / KCXP - Carson City, Nevada (Carson Airport)
- Great Circle Mapper: CXP / WIHL - Cilacap, Java, Indonesia (Tunggul Wulung Airport)
- AirNav: KCXP - Carson Airport
- Aerial photo as of September 1999 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for CXP, effective December 11, 2014
- Resources for this airport:
|This Nevada airport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|