Carson Smith (baseball)
Seattle Mariners – No. 39
October 19, 1989 |
|September 1, 2014 for the Seattle Mariners|
(through 2014 season)
|Earned run average||0.00|
Smith attended Midland Christian High School in Midland, Texas, and Texas State University. He played college baseball for the Texas State Bobcats baseball team. He was named Southland Conference Pitcher of the Year as a sophomore and a junior, and a second team All-American by Louisville Slugger as a junior. The Seattle Mariners selected Smith in the eighth round of the 2011 MLB Draft, with the 243rd overall pick.
Smith pitched for the High Desert Mavericks of the Class A-Advanced California League in 2012 and the Jackson Generals of the Class AA Southern League in 2013. After the 2013 season, the Mariners assigned Smith to the Arizona Fall League, and he was named to appear in the Fall Stars Game. In 2014, Smith pitched for the Tacoma Rainiers of the Class AAA Pacific Coast League and was promoted to the major leagues on September 1. He pitched a scoreless inning in relief that day against the Oakland Athletics in his MLB debut.
- "Mariners agree to terms with No. 2 overall pick Danny Hultzen | MLB.com: News". Mlb.mlb.com. Retrieved December 14, 2013.
- Maki, Ben (June 7, 2011). "Baseball: Marquez, two Midland pitchers get drafted - Odessa American: Home". Oaoa.com. Retrieved December 14, 2013.
- "Smith, Williamson taken on second day of draft - MRT.com: Sports". Mywesttexas.com. June 8, 2011. Retrieved December 14, 2013.
- "Fall Stars Game to feature assortment of top talent | MLB.com: News". Mlb.mlb.com. October 28, 2013. Retrieved December 14, 2013.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or Baseball-Reference, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball pitcher born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|