Carson Township, Fayette County, Illinois
Location in Fayette County
Fayette County's location in Illinois
|• Total||17.83 sq mi (46.2 km2)|
|• Land||17.79 sq mi (46.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.08 km2) 0.17%|
|Elevation||587 ft (179 m)|
|• Density||7.9/sq mi (3.1/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62080, 62431|
|GNIS feature ID||0428769|
Carson Township is one of twenty townships in Fayette County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 141 and it contained 72 housing units. This township was formed from Bowling Green Township.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 17.83 square miles (46.2 km2), of which 17.79 square miles (46.1 km2) (or 99.78%) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.078 km2) (or 0.17%) is water.
- Twin Churches
The township contains these four cemeteries: Blankenship, Reed, Staff and Welch.
- Cowden-Herrick Community Unit School District 3a
- Ramsey Community Unit School District 204
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 102
- State Senate District 51
- "Carson Township, Fayette County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Bowling Green Township|
|Ramsey Township||Loudon Township|