The Carver Academy is a non-profit, private school located in San Antonio, Texas, USA. It was founded by David Robinson, former NBA basketball player with the San Antonio Spurs, and his wife Valerie. The school serves "a socio-economically and culturally diverse student population, grades pre-kindergarten through sixth."
The school was founded in 2001 and is named after George Washington Carver. Not only does the school teach the typical core subjects, but also teaches multiple foreign languages (Spanish, German, and Japanese) and has a music/band program. There is a strong emphasis not only on academic subjects but also on children’s social, emotional, physical and spiritual needs as well. The intention of the school is to develop a well-rounded child.
The mission of The Carver Academy, as stated on its website;
- The Carver Academy offers elementary-age children a challenging academic program featuring small classes,
- leadership opportunities, and a nurturing family-like environment based upon the foundation of Judeo-Christian
- scripture. Graduates of The Carver Academy will be prepared for success in the nation’s most competitive high schools
- and will display the highest levels of leadership, discipline, initiative and integrity. The Carver Academy welcomes
- all children regardless of race, creed or financial status.
|This article about a school in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|