|Colorado State Treasurer|
January 9, 2007 – January 11, 2011
|Succeeded by||Walker Stapleton|
|Preceded by||Mike Coffman|
According to school records, Kennedy attended Graland Country Day School for her primary education, class of 1983. She holds a bachelor's degree from St. Lawrence University, a master's degree from Columbia University and a law degree from the University of Denver School of Law.
She and her husband have two children.
Cary Kennedy worked as a budget analyst in Colorado Governor Romer's Office of State Planning and Budgeting and then as a fiscal analyst for the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing.
In 2006, Kennedy ran for the office of Colorado State Treasurer and won against her Republican opponent, former State Treasurer, Mark Hillman. She took office in January 2007. She is not a member of the Kennedy political family.
|Colorado General Election 2006: State Treasurer's race|
City and County of Denver
When Michael Hancock took over as mayor of Denver in July, 2011, he appointed Kennedy as the city's Chief Financial Officer. In August, 2011, he appointed her Deputy Mayor. Under Denver law, the Mayor appoints one of his department heads as Deputy Mayor.
- Denver Post, Nov. 4, 2010. "Republican Walker Stapleton defeats Cary Kennedy for state treasurer."
- Colorado SOS 2006 Report: General Election results in State Treasurer's race, 13 December 2006.
- Mayor Hancock appoints Cary Kennedy as Deputy Mayor City and County of Denver press release, August 23, 2011.
- "Cary Kennedy campaign biography". Archived from the original on 20 February 2008. Retrieved 22 March 2008.
- "Colorado Democratic Party 2006 Candidate profile - Cary Kennedy" (PDF). Retrieved 22 March 2008.
- "Colorado Secretary of State Report: 2006 General Election results in State Treasurer race". 13 December 2006. Retrieved 22 March 2008.
- "Colorado State Treasurer's official website biography". Retrieved 22 March 2008.
- "Denver Post - Election 2006 Candidate profile: Cary Kennedy". 29 October 2006. Retrieved 22 March 2008.
- Washington, April M (22 October 2006). "Rocky Mountain News, "State treasurer race may hinge on watchdog image"". Retrieved 22 March 2008.[dead link]
|State Treasurer of Colorado
|This article about a Colorado politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|