The Casadiella is a typical dessert from Asturias. It consists of a pastry made of wheat flour, flavored with Anis del Mono (Anisette) or wine, and filled with toasted hazelnuts and/or walnuts and sugar. They are mixed and they are fried together.
The final shape is a tube approximately ten centimeters long with ends that are closed with a fork.
This recipe can be prepared manually or with a Thermomix.
Making the dough with Thermomix: Ingredients:
- 500 g wheat flour
- 100 g oil
- 150 g water
- 50 g milk
- 30 g yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Put all ingredients in the bowl except yeast and flour, then cook for 1 minute at 40ºC/104ºF, set at speed 2.
- Next, add yeast and flour, then cook for 20 seconds at speed 6. Finally, let it rise for 3 minutes on dough mode.
- 1 c milled hazelnuts or walnuts (toasted)
- 1/2 c sugar
- Mix ingredients with anisette, wine or other liquor.Once you have dough prepared, use a rolling pin to spread and flatten it, and then cut dough into sections about 10 cm square. Put filling into each piece and fold it. Close ends with a fork.
- Finally, fry them with the fold down so that filling stays inside. Optional: You may drizzle sugar or honey over top.