||It has been suggested that Therm-a-Rest and Mountain Safety Research be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since March 2013.|
|Headquarters||Seattle, Washington, US|
Cascade Designs is an American company specializing in outdoor recreation products. It is located in Seattle, Washington, and was founded in 1972 by two former Boeing engineers, who were avid backpackers. Their first product innovation was the self-inflating camping mattress, marketed as Therm-a-Rest.
Cascade Designs owns the following subsidiaries and/or trademarks:
- Mountain Safety Research, acquired in August 2001, makers of outdoor recreation gear
- Therm-a-Rest, makers of portable sleeping pads
- Platypus, makers of hydration systems
- SealLine, makers of waterproof bags
- Tracks, makers of high-end walking staffs and trekking poles.
- Varilite, specializing in wheelchair positioning products.
- www.cascadedesigns.com — Cascade Designs
|This United States manufacturing company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|