From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Cascade Investments LLC)
|This article is outdated. (July 2013)|
||This article is incomplete. (July 2013)|
|Type||Limited liability company|
|Headquarters||Kirkland, Washington, U.S.|
|Key people||Bill Gates (Chairman)
(Manager and CIO)
List of investments and companies
The company describes itself as a diversified investment company. Its investments include:
- Berkshire Hathaway
- Canadian National Railway12% 
- Coca Cola Femsa SAB de CV - 20% stake
- Dante O Giovanni Corporation
- Ecolab 11% 
- ElBarbary Investment Group
- FEMSA (Mexican brewer) - $364 million (Dec. 2007) - 1.2 percent of FEMSA capital through "B" shares. Cascade might thus own 10.81 million of Femsa's New York-traded American Depositary Shares, about 3 percent of Femsa, the world's second largest Coke bottler and Mexico's second-largest brewer.
- Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- John Deere
- Microsoft Corporation
- Newport News Shipbuilding
- Nimbus Discovery
- OANDA Corporation
- Otter Tail Power Company
- Pan American Silver Corporation
- Republic Services, Inc - U.S. waste management - 20% estimated
- Sapphire Energy
- Schnitzer Steel Industries
- "Gates No Longer World's Richest Man". Forbes.com. Retrieved 2012-11-01.
- "Bill Gates discloses 20 pct Coca Cola Femsa stake | Reuters". Uk.reuters.com. 2008-08-01. Retrieved 2012-11-01.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- Aspin, Chris (2007-12-20). "Bill Gates buys stake in Mexican brewer Femsa". Reuters. Retrieved 2012-11-01.
- "Nimbus Discovery Secures $24MM Series A Financing". 2008-6-28.
- "$100-Million Investment in OANDA Corporation Recognizes Growth Potential in the Frenetic World of Forex". OANDA. 2007-09-17. Retrieved 2012-11-01.
- Reuters: "Gates investment arm trashes Waste Management bid"
- by Martin LaMonica (2008-09-17). "Bill Gates invests in algae fuel | Green Tech - CNET News". News.cnet.com. Retrieved 2012-11-01.
- "Schrödinger Receives Additional Equity Investment from Bill Gates". 2012-12-12.
- "Bill Gates Takes Stake in Creating New Drugs". The Wall Street Journal. 2010-4-29.
- "Bill Gates aumenta su participación accionaria en Televisa". Alt1040.com. 2010-02-23. Retrieved 2012-11-01.