Case-Mate is a privately held company founded in 2006 in Atlanta, Georgia by Shashi Reddy. The company designs and manufactures fashion-forward mobile accessories for a variety of smartphones, readers and tablets - including Apple, Amazon, BlackBerry, Samsung, HTC, Google, Windows, Nokia, Motorola, LG and Sony Ericsson. Case-Mate products are sold in 80 countries around the world. The company is also an official partner of the BlackBerry Alliance Program.
Case-Mate has an online case customization tool, I Make My Case, a flash animated interface which allows users to design a case with licensed artwork from several graphic artists and musicians including: Nine Inch Nails, No Doubt, Yeasayer, Metric and Yo Gabba Gabba. Case-Mate received a Webby Award in 2010 for I Make My Case from the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences for best of the web in the retail category.
Case-Mate maintains a series of core products alongside the I Make My Case Application. The most popular line is the "Barely There" series, which provides a slim fit around the phone for everyday use. The company also maintains a Creatures collection, composed of fun-filled, trendy, 3-D silicone cases. Other designs include the Pop!, Glam, Phantom, Brushed Aluminum, and the Signature Leather Series.
- Webby Award | Retail | 2010 | imakemycase.com
- iLounge CES Best of Show | 2010 | imakemycase.com
- Internet Retailer Hot 100 | 2010 | case-mate.com
- New Case-Mate Phone Cases Show Off Your Photos (New York Times)
- Trick Out Your Phone with Band Designed Cases From Case-Mate (Mashable)
- Case-mate Goes Crazy, Announces $300 iPhone Case (TechCrunch)
- Case-Mate Textured Tuxedo Case (PC Mag)
- Top 20 Tough iPhone 4/4S Cases: Case-Mate Phantom (CNET)