Fien pitching for the West Michigan Whitecaps, Single-A affiliates of the Detroit Tigers, in 2007
Minnesota Twins – No. 50
October 21, 1983 |
Santa Rosa, California
|July 26, 2009 for the Detroit Tigers|
(through 2014 season)
|Earned run average||3.92|
Casey Michael Fien (// feen; born October 21, 1983) is an American professional baseball pitcher for the Minnesota Twins of Major League Baseball. He previously played for the Detroit Tigers and the minor league system of the Houston Astros.
On February 23, 2010, he was designated for assignment to make roster room for the newly acquired Johnny Damon. On March 1, 2010 he was selected off waivers by the Boston Red Sox, and then selected again by the Toronto Blue Jays on March 4. The Blue Jays released him on March 18 and he rejoined the Tigers on March 20.
On June 29, 2010, he was purchased from Triple-A to replace Joel Zumaya, who was placed on the 15-day disabled list. He was sent back down to Toledo on June 3. They called him back up on July 20. He was again sent back down to Toledo on July 21. He filed for free agency after the season ended.
In 2011, Fien signed a minor league contract with the Minnesota Twins.
He finished 2012 making appearances in 35 games for the Twins, finishing the year with a 2–1 record and 4.30 ERA with 32 strike outs.
In 2013, Fien finished the year with a 5–2 record and a 3.92 ERA in 73 appearances for the Twins, striking out 73 and walking 12.
- "Casey Fien (biography)". mlb.com. Retrieved December 19, 2013.
- Hageman, Parker (July 17, 2013). "Casey Fien has been a find for the Twins". Twins Daily. Retrieved December 19, 2013.
- "Guillen's RBI single in 10th caps Tigers' 4–3 victory over White Sox". ABC News. July 25, 2009. Retrieved March 7, 2010.[dead link]
- Beck, Jason (March 8, 2010). "Fien finds himself baseball's traveling man: Pitcher member of Tigers, Red Sox and Jays in span of a week". MLB.com. Retrieved December 19, 2013.
- Beck, Jason (June 29, 2010). "Tigers call on Fien in wake of Zumaya injury". MLB.com. Retrieved December 19, 2013.
- "Tigers activate setup man Perry from DL". MLB.com. July 3, 2010.
- "Tigers opt for bullpen help with Inge on DL". MLB.com. July 20, 2010.
- "Tigers call up Scott Sizemore, send Casey Fien back to Toledo". freep.com. July 21, 2010.
- Lowe, John (November 11, 2010). "Tigers pitcher Casey Fien leaves for Astros". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved November 13, 2010.
- "Minor League Transactions: July 27-Aug. 2". Baseball America. Retrieved August 5, 2011.
- Shipley, John (July 4, 2012). "Minnesota Twins demote Nick Blackburn to Rochester, call up Casey Fien". Pioneer Press. Retrieved November 22, 2013.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)