Casey Roderick (born August 8, 1992 in Lawrenceville, Georgia) is an American stock car racing driver. A former competitor in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, he currently competes in the Southern Super Series.
A native of Lawrenceville, Georgia, Roderick began his racing career in Legends car racing, competing in the Atlanta Motor Speedway's Summer Shootout Series, scoring multiple wins despite inferior equipment. He moved up to late model racing in 2008, competing for Bill Elliott; he spent two years with Elliott's development-driver program, which included running a number of ARCA Racing Series events in a car jointly fielded by Elliott and Phoenix Racing, scoring a pole position at Palm Beach International Raceway, and a win in the series at New Jersey Motorsports Park in 2010; Roderick won the event despite starting 34th in the 35 car field; he was described as a "legitimate protege of...Elliott" by team co-owner Russ Sutton, and "the genuine article" by Elliott himself.
Despite the win, Roderick was released from the Elliott driver development program at the end of 2010 in favor of Elliott's son, Chase. He joined Randy Hill Racing in 2011, running four ARCA races before making his debut in the NASCAR Nationwide Series at Watkins Glen International in a car jointly fielded by RHR and Go Green Racing, and the Camping World Truck Series at Michigan International Speedway with RSS Racing.
Roderick started the 2012 season with Randy Hill Racing, driving the No. 08 in the Nationwide Series as a contender for the series' Rookie of the Year award; after two races however, a lack of sponsorship sidelined the team. He returned to competition at Richmond International Raceway in late April, sponsored by the West Virginia Miners baseball team, but was afterwards released by RHR. Joining SR² Motorsports with the Miners sponsorship, Roderick competed in the next three races, but once again faced sponsorship issues forcing the skipping of races after the May event at Charlotte Motor Speedway. He returned to the series and the No. 24 for the summer races at Road America and Daytona International Speedway.
Motorsports career results
(key) (Bold - Pole position awarded by time. Italics - Pole position earned by points standings. * – Most laps led.)
|NASCAR Nationwide Series results|
|2011||Go Green Racing||39||Ford||DAY||PHO||LVS||BRI||CAL||TEX||TAL||NSH||RCH||DAR||DOV||IOW||CLT||CHI||MCH||EKL||DAY||KEN||NHA||NSH||IRP||IOW||GLN
|Randy Hill Racing||08||Ford||RCH
Camping World Truck Series
|NASCAR Camping World Truck Series results|
* Season in progress
1 not eligible for series points
- Minter, Rick (March 30, 2010). "Sutton, Elliott Keeping Dreams Alive". SPEED Channel. Fox Sports. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- Aumann, Mark (May 25, 2012). "Mighty Casey has not yet struck out". NASCAR.com. Turner Sports. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- Huneke, Bill (August 16, 2010). "Roderick stages ARCA upset". The Times. Trenton, NJ. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- Swan, Raygan (August 19, 2008). "Georgia teen Roderick on fast track with Elliott's help". NASCAR.com. Turner Sports. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "Casey Roderick, Randy Hill Racing & Co. Record Top-25 Finish In Nationwide Debut". Randy Hill Racing. August 14, 2011. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- "Casey Roderick - Truck Series". NASCAR.com. Turner Sports. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- Turnbull, Doug (March 7, 2012). "Stories from the other side of the garage: News on Roderick, Turn One, and Hamilton Means". WSB Radio. Atlanta, GA. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- Fauber, Gary (April 27, 2012). "Roderick to unveil Miners car tonight". The Register-Herald. Beckley, WV. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- Fauber, Gary (March 26, 2012). "Miners to sponsor Roderick’s Nationwide car". The Register-Herald. Beckley, WV. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- Adamczyk, Jay (June 22, 2012). "Roderick returns to the #24". Jayski's Silly Season Site. ESPN. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- Jones, Renee (May 16, 2013). "ITS OFFICIAL – Graham Trucking and Lance Used Auto Parts have joined forces and brought in Casey to drive their No. 7 Super Late Model". Casey Roderick official site. Retrieved 2013-08-15.