Cash Cash performing at Club Sutra on February 23, 2014.
|Origin||Roseland, New Jersey, United States|
|Labels||Big Beat / Atlantic (2013–present)
The group consists of the brothers Jean Paul Makhlouf and Alex Makhlouf, along with Samuel Frisch. They produce, record, mix and master all their music together as a trio. They are currently signed to Big Beat / Atlantic Records, a subsidiary of Warner Music Group worldwide. The group's highest charting song to date is "Take Me Home", which features vocals by Bebe Rexha. Their song "Lightning" was the following single released and features vocals from John Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls. "Surrender" was the third single released since the group signed with their new label. An animated lyric video for the song was premiered in Times Square by Shazam and officially released on October 6, 2014.
As of 2014, the group has released three full-length albums, an array of EPs, singles, and provided official remixes for acts such as Krewella, Capital Cities, Kelly Clarkson, Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, Showtek, and Icona Pop, along with producing and co-writing Krewella's single "Live for the Night".
- 1 History
- 2 Style
- 3 Production equipment and software
- 4 Members
- 5 Discography
- 6 References
Early years (2002–2007)
Cash Cash members Jean Paul Makhlouf and Sam Frisch first began playing together under the name The Consequence in 2002. As The Consequence, the band put out 3 releases independently, Your Own Place (2004), The Consequence (2005), and By The Bedside (2006). The band went through various keyboardists and drummers before solidifying the group with Alexander Makhlouf and drummer Anthony Villacari in 2007.
Take It to the Floor (2008–2010)
In early 2008 the group coalesced under the name Cash Cash, with members Jean Paul Makhlouf, Alexander Makhlouf, and Samuel Frisch. They came up with the name Cash Cash due to legal issues that arose from not trademarking their previous name "The Consequence." In an interview Jean Paul stated, "Basically we were in a previous group growing up and never thought to copyright the name because when you're a young local garage band, you don't have the money and don't think it really matters. Well after we signed our first record deal, it kind of did matter. We got hit with a ton of legal notices about it from the person who owned the name, and had this old agent trying to screw us over, so when putting the new group together out of frustration, I was like, we should just name this group "Cash Cash" because every one is after our cash, and we don't have any yet."
They signed with Universal Republic Records and soon after released an EP, which reached No. 24 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart. In 2008, the group toured with groups such as Tyga, Metro Station, Boys Like Girls, The White Tie Affair, and Forever The Sickest Kids. Their debut full-length album was released digitally on December 23, 2008 on iTunes through Universal and physically on January 20, 2009, reaching No. 31 on the Heatseekers chart. During the winter of 2008–2009, the group did a Hot Topic in-store tour with We The Kings and Hey Monday, performing acoustic songs and doing signings. In April 2009, Cash Cash toured with Kevin Rudolf, Hyper Crush, and Jeremy Greene on the Let it Rock tour. Cash Cash played the main stage at Bamboozle in May 2009 and then toured the United Kingdom opening for Cobra Starship. That summer they performed on the Vans Warped Tour. In fall of 2009 they toured with Family Force 5 and Breathe Carolina.
In late 2009 and 2010, the group released several singles which were not part of an album or EP release, including a cover of Cascada's single "Everytime We Touch" featuring rapper MC Oz. The group continued to tour through the winter of 2010, playing the Seattle Kiss FM show "Jingle Bell Bash" with The All-American Rejects, Cobra Starship, and All Time Low. At the end of February and into the spring of 2010, the group went on their first headlining United States tour, "The Robots in Hightops Tour." On March 9, 2010 Cash Cash released a cover single of the Alphaville song "Forever Young". The band released a new single in mid-November 2010 on Universal titled "Red Cup (I Fly Solo)" featuring Lacey Schwimmer and Spose.
Love or Lust and The Beat Goes On (2011–2012)
In 2011, The group parted ways with their drummer Anthony Villacari due to creative differences and continued to operate as a trio. Anthony Villacari continues to play drums in another trio known as Moa Desert. Their second full length album, Love or Lust, was released on April 19, 2011 through the Japanese label Twilight Records. Multiple songs off the album were featured on MTV's Jersey Shore and The Real World.
Cash Cash then released "The Beat Goes On" as an 11 song LP in Japan but a 6 song EP in every other country. Both formats contained the two songs "Michael Jackson" and "I Like It Loud," which were also soon after released as singles through Dutch independent dance label Spinnin' Records. The group headlined a tour in Japan as well as shows in Brazil in 2011 supporting Love or Lust, and returned to Japan in 2012 for another tour supporting their new single "Michael Jackson (The Beat Goes On)", a tribute to the musician Michael Jackson. "Michael Jackson" appeared on the album 538 Dance Smash 2012, Vol.4. On December 10, 2012, Cash Cash had their remix of "Alive" by Krewella released on the Play Harder Remix EP. Throughout the year, Cash Cash had numerous original songs and remixes reach #1 on the Hype Machine popular chart.
Overtime and Lightning EPs (2013–present)
The group slowly gained exposure in the dance community in 2012 and 2013, paricularly via connections with Hardwell and Nicky Romero and releases on their boutique labels. During Ultra Music Festival 2013 on behalf of the Huffington Post, Cash Cash conducted interviews with both musicians. Cash Cash was featured on their respective radio shows, "Protocol Radio," & "Hardwell on Air." On May 20, 2013, Cash Cash released a remix of "Symphonica" by Nicky Romero that was released on Beatport through Protocol Recordings. Romero also invited Cash Cash to perform at a Protocol Recordings showcase during the ADE festival on October 16, 2013 at the Melkweg in Amsterdam with Martin Garrix, Vicetone, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, and John Dahlbäck. Hardwell included Cash Cash's remix of his track "Dare You" on Dare You – The Remixes Part 1 through Revealed Recordings in February 2014.
On April 16, 2013, the group announced via Twitter that they had signed with Big Beat / Atlantic Records and had begun recording new material for an upcoming release. That same date, the group's remix of "Safe and Sound" by Capital Cities was released on the Safe And Sound Remix EP through Lazy Hooks and Capitol Records. On July 15, 2013, the group released "Take Me Home", featuring vocalist Bebe Rexha, which became their highest-charting single in the United States and United Kingdom. It peaked at #18 on the US Pop Songs chart and #57 on the US Billboard Hot 100, and debuted at number #4 in the UK Dance Charts and number #5 in the UK Singles Charts in 2014. An acoustic version of the song, along with a video documenting the recording process, was released in November 2013. In 2013, Cash Cash launched their online podcast/radio show named "Royalty Radio" via their soundcloud page as well as YouTube channel. Their next release was a progressive house remix of Showtek's "Booyah" ft. We Are Loud & Sonny Wilson that was released on November 8, 2013, through Spinnin' Records.
Following the Atlantic signing, the group released two EPs of new material. On October 29, 2013, they released their Overtime EP consisting of 6 new songs, including "Take Me Home", "Hideaway" featuring British recording artist Ella Eyre and "Here and Now" featuring vocals from Estonian recording artist Kerli. On March 24, 2014, the group released the Lightning EP, consisting of a new single "Lightning" and remixes of previous songs off the Overtime EP. "Lightning" features John Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls on vocals and was written by Cash Cash and Rzeznik. A remix pack for "Lightning" was released on July 21, 2014 exclusively on beatport containing remixes by Dash Berlin, EDX, Sex Panther, and Audiobot.
Alongside this, the group continued releasing singles and remixes in 2014. On January 21, 2014, Cash Cash and Adrian Lux released a collaboration called "Bullet". On April 9, 2014, Rolling Stone premiered the "Cash Cash x Valley" remix of Clean Bandit's "Rather Be" on their website. The Cash Cash remix of Katy Perry's song "Birthday" was featured at the end of the song's official music video.
The group also continued to tour through late 2013 and 2014, playing several dance music festivals. Cash Cash performed at Winter Galactic with Dada Life & Porter Robinson on New Year's Eve, December 31, 2013 at Hammerstein Ballroom. They played Edmonton Canada's Frequency Festival on February 15, 2014. In February 2014, Marquee Las Vegas announced that Cash Cash will take part in a 2014 residency at their nightclub & dayclub. On March 27, 2014, Cash Cash received an IDMA at Winter Music Conference for “Best Break-Through Artist (Group).” Following their appearance at Winter Music Conference in Miami, the group played an international show in Montreal, Canada at New City Gas on April 19, 2014. The trio performed at various music festivals in the spring of 2014, including the Avila Beach Party on May 23, 2014, Electric Daisy Carnival (EDC) New York on May 24, 2014, Sunset Music Festival (SMF) in Tampa, FL on May 25, 2014, Firefly Music Festival on June 20, 2014, and Paradiso Festival in Washington on June 27, 2014. Cash Cash along with Candyland, Pegboard Nerds, and 12th Planet played an event together called "Beach Blanket Bingo" in Wildwood, NJ on June 28, 2014. The following day the group played WKTU's Ktuphoria event with Calvin Harris, Ariana Grande, and Jennifer Lopez. Later that summer on July 5, Cash Cash along with Afrojack and Borgore played a Life in Color paint party event in Texas. That same month, the group headlined a short international Canadian tour djing at Crocks in Thunder Bay on the 10th and Uniun night club in Toronto on the 11th. On August 1, 2014, they performed at Lollapalooza in Chicago and then returned to Canada to play a handful of festivals such as Boonstock, Ilesoniq, and Chasing Summer. Throughout 2014, Cash Cash performed on multiple dates of the Budweiser "Made in America" tour. September 2, 2014, BPM (Sirius XM) exclusively premiered their new single, "Surrender", which was released on iTunes September 16, 2014. On September 5, 2014, Cash Cash played Nocturnal Wonderland in San Bernardino, California. As of 2014, EMI Music Publishing's website confirms that as songwriters, Cash Cash is currently signed to EMI Music Publishing, which is now owned by a consortium led by Sony/ATV Music Publishing. On March 26, 2015, the group will play at the Delano Hotel for the Big Beat and Friends Party during Miami Music Week.
While playing as The Consequence and early under the name Cash Cash, the group used a more traditional band setup, with use of live guitars, bass guitar, drums, keyboards, vocoders, talk boxes, and electronics. Hip Online referred to the group's early releases as technopop, while AllMusic classified Take It to the Floor as electronic, pop rock and emo pop. Allmusic further described the album as "[f]illed with [processed] vocals, old-school synths, singalong choruses, [and] slick-as-oil vocal harmonies." PopMatters noted the album's "standard emo-pop elements" and opined that the group's style "suggest[s] Fall Out Boy with some synthy window dressing." Jean-Paul described the band's early style as an attempt to "Bring back some of that 70s funk guitar, mixed in with the life and fun of the 80s." USA Today, in a later assessment, noted that the group's early work "has always had a dance-music sensibility, but starting out, they were lumped into the alt-rock scene."
Over the course of the early 2010s, the group began moving away from standard band instrumentation and began incorporating more elements of electronic dance music. In an interview with EDM Sauce, they talk about their transition being facilitated by frequent production and remixing on the side. Cash Cash stated, "I think for us it was a slow evolution, because we were always remixing and producing for other artists and doing outside production." In another interview with Only The Beat, the group stated, "When we first started as a band our sound was "poppy", but we always had underlying electronic elements to our music. Once we started changing and growing, our sound slowly began evolving." The group's 2011 album Love or Lust was described by Under the Gun Review as "dance/power pop...full of bass rhythms, synthetic claps, techno beats, and dance/party/club themes". Following releases and remixes were also received as electronica and electropop.
Cash Cash's first RIAA certified song Take Me Home has been categorized by as a progressive house dance song. Dancing Astronaut described the Overtime EP's electro house qualities by stating the group is "gracing the world with a dose of electro house and dubbed-out tunes." Songs off the Overtime EP such as Here and Now and Satellites have been classified as house or its subgenre electro house. Dancing Astronaut further elaborated on the sound of the release by stating, "The EP continues with a bright feel, boosted by the unique blend of fluorescent synths and dirty bass." Other Cash Cash originals such as Kiss The Sky and Overtime along with their remix of Treasure by Bruno Mars have been labeled by electronic music blogs as nu-disco and glitch hop. Throughout 2014, the group's subsequent singles Lightning & Surrender were also reviewed as progressive & electro house.
Production equipment and software
In 2013, Cash Cash stated in their Huffington Post interview that they produce their music using Steinberg's Cubase as their digital audio workstation. In another interview with EDM blog "Notable Dance," the group stated "We use Cubase as a host for everything but we mess around in Ableton." In a studio video released in May 2013, the group discuss various equipment and gear they use, including a vintage Korg Juno – D, Avalon AD2022 preamp, Empirical Labs Distressor, Joe Meek Twin Q, & Neumann TLM 49. During the video they speak about owning a few discontinued Samson D – 1500 real time analyzers. Their speaker set up consists of Adam A8X's & a pair of mix cubes that are A/B controlled by a PreSonus Central Station. The producer trio recently added a Neuman U87 to their studio set up as well.
- Jean Paul Makhlouf – vocals, guitar, production
- Alexander Luke Makhlouf – keyboards, vocoder, talk box, production
- Samuel Warren Frisch – bass guitar, backing vocals, production
- Anthony Villacari – drums (2007–2011)
- Former touring musicians
- Mike Doerr – guitar, backup vocals (2007–2009)
|Title||Details||Peak chart positions|
|Take It to the Floor||31||–|
|Love or Lust||
|The Beat Goes On||–||163|
|"—" denotes an album that did not chart or was not released.|
|Title||Details||Peak chart positions|
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Certifications||Album|
|2009||"Party in Your Bedroom"||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||—||Take It to the Floor|
|"Everytime We Touch"||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||—||Non-album single|
|"Red Cup (I Fly Solo)"
(featuring Lacey Schwimmer & Spose)
|2011||"Victim of Love"||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||—||Love or Lust|
|"Sexin' on the Dance Floor"
(featuring Jeffree Star)
|2012||"Michael Jackson"||–||–||–||79||–||25||–||—||The Beat Goes On|
|2013||"Take Me Home"
(featuring Bebe Rexha)
(featuring John Rzeznik)
(featuring Julia Michaels)
|"—" denotes a single that did not chart or was not released.|
Remixes and production
|2008||Cobra Starship – City Is at War (featuring Tyga) (Remix)|
|Tyga – No Introduction (Additional Programming)|
|2009||Cobra Starship – Good Girls Go Bad (Remix)|
|Cobra Starship – Monkey Magic (Mixed)|
|2010||Stereo Skyline – Tongue Tied (Remix)|
|2011||All Time Low – I Feel Like Dancin' (Remix)|
|Big Time Rush – Til I Forget About You (Remix)|
|2012||Boys Like Girls – Crazy World LP (Additional Production)|
|Calvin Harris featuring Ne-Yo – Let's Go (Remix)|
|Conor Maynard – Vegas Girl (Remix)|
|Jeffree Star – Legs Up (Co-wrote/Production/Mixed)|
|Katy Perry – Part of Me (Remix with The Jane Doze)|
|Lady Gaga – Marry the Night (Remix)|
|Kelly Clarkson – Catch My Breath (Remix)|
|Krewella – Alive (Cash Cash x Kalkutta Remix)|
|Megan & Liz – Bad For Me (Additional Production)|
|Nervo & Hook N Sling – Reason (Remix with The Jane Doze)|
|2013||Nicky Romero – Symphonica (Remix)|
|Bruno Mars – Treasure (Remix)|
|Capital Cities – Safe And Sound (Remix)|
|Vicetone – Heartbeat (Remix)|
|Krewella – Live for the Night (Produced, Co-wrote)|
|Icona Pop – All Night (Remix)|
|Clinton Sparks feat. 2 Chainz, Macklemore & DA – Gold Rush (Cash Cash x Gazzo Remix)|
|Showtek – Booyah (Remix)|
|Hardwell feat. Matthew Koma – Dare You (Cash Cash Remix)|
|2014||Rudimental – Free (Cash Cash x Gazzo Remix)|
|Clean Bandit feat. Jess Glynne – Rather Be (Cash Cash x Valley Remix)|
|Katy Perry – Birthday (Cash Cash Remix)|
Sega music and remixes
|2010||"Reach for the Stars" (vs. Tomoya Ohtani)||Sonic Colors Original Soundtrack: Vivid Sounds × Hybrid Colors|
|"Speak With Your Heart"|
|2011||"Stardust Speedway" (vs. Jun Senoue)||Sonic the Hedgehog CD Original Soundtrack 20th Anniversary Edition|
|"Sonic Boom" (vs. Crush 40)|
|2012||"Run Through the Speed Highway – Cash Cash RMX / Speed Highway: Act 1"||Sonic Generations Original Soundtrack: Blue Blur|
|"Going Down!? – Cash Cash vs. Jun Senoue RMX / Speed Highway: Act 2 — Skyscraper Downhill" (vs. Jun Senoue)|
|"Back 2 Back – Cash Cash RMX / Water Palace: Act 2"|
|"Escape From the City – Cash Cash RMX / City Escape: Act 1"|
|"Vengeance Is Mine – Cash Cash RMX / Radical Highway: Act 1"|
|"Boss Battle: Big Arms" (vs. Jun Senoue)|
|"Super Sonic Racing – Cash Cash vs. Jun Senoue RMX / Challenge / Mission 1" (vs. Jun Senoue)|
|"Rival Battle: Metal Sonic" (US ver.)|
- Patrick Ryan, USA TODAY 9:34 p.m. EDT March 24, 2014 (2014-03-24). "On the Verge: Cash Cash banks on EDM fans". Usatoday.com. Retrieved 2014-07-19.
- "Cash Cash: Working Overtime". Djtimes.com. April 22, 2014. Retrieved 2014-07-19.
- "Atlantic Records Cash Cash". Atlanticrecords.com. Retrieved 2014-07-19.
- "Warner Music Australia | Cash Cash". Warnermusic.com.au. Retrieved 2014-07-19.
- Dimperio, Allegra (March 25, 2014). "Cash Cash release Lightning EP". Dancing Astronaut. Retrieved 2014-07-19.
- Lipshutz, Jason (September 15, 2014). "Cash Cash Single Premiere: Listen To 'Surrender' from the 'Take Me Home' Hitmakers". Billboard. Retrieved 2014-10-06.
- Khawaja, Jemayel (October 6, 2014). "Cash Cash's New Lyric Vid is Like Bubblegum Laced with Acid". Vice. Retrieved 2014-10-06.
- "Cash Cash on Twitter". Twitter.
- Artist Biography by David Jeffries. "Cash Cash | Biography". AllMusic. Retrieved 2014-07-19.
- "Booyah (Cash Cash Remix)". AllMusic. Retrieved 2014-07-19.
- Farella, Dylan (September 3, 2013). "Icona Pop – All Night (Cash Cash Remix)". Dancing Astronaut. Retrieved 2014-07-19.
- "Cash Cash – biography". Hip Online (mirror at Internet Archive cached on March 4, 2010). October 21, 2008. Retrieved June 22, 2014.
- Jeffries, David (December 23, 2008). "Cash Cash – Music Biography, Credits and Discography". AllMusic (mirror at Internet Archive cached on July 7, 2012). Retrieved June 22, 2014.
- "Get To Know: Cash Cash". Emptylighthouse.com. Retrieved 2014-07-19.
- Patrick Cason (June 1, 2014). "Cash Cash Brings 'Lightning' To EDCNY! (Festival Review + Interview)". Good Music All Day. Retrieved 2014-07-19.
- "Cash Cash – Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Get a Record Deal – Cash Cash's Tips for Getting a Record Contract". Seventeen.com. December 4, 2008. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Heatseekers Albums : Feb 07, 2009 | Billboard Chart Archive". Billboard.com. February 7, 2009. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Moa Desert Official page".
- "The Season 4 Trailer for Jersey Shore features music from Cash Cash!". Notes on the State of New Jersey. July 27, 2011. Retrieved 2014-07-19.
- "Cash Cash Music Featured on Jersey Shore Season 4 Trailer". AudioCrushPR. July 19, 2011. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "POP 3X • |ALBUM/DL|Cash Cash – The Beat Goes On|". Pop3x.tumblr.com. July 9, 2014. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "iTunes – Music – The Beat Goes On – EP by Cash Cash". Itunes.apple.com. September 7, 2012. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- Ableson, Jon (August 20, 2009). "Cash Cash Signs With Spinnin' Records". Alter The Press!. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "EDM Producers Cash Cash Take Fans 'Overtime' With EP, New Tour Dates & Radio Hit – Join Adrian Lux on "Bullet" Club Collaboration and an Official Remix of Hardwell's "Dare You"!". Marketwired.com. January 21, 2014. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "Cash Cash: Cash Cash Sits Down With Nicky Romero & Looks Back At Ultra 2013". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Cash Cash: Chopping It Up With Hardwell At Ultra". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Cash Cash – biography". Hip Online. October 21, 2008. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "Hardwell Ft. Matthew Koma – Dare You (Cash Cash Official Remix) (Preview)". Fist in the Air. January 18, 2014. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "Nicky Romero – Symphonica (Remixes)". Dancingastronaut.com. May 19, 2013. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- Dimperio, Allegra (2014-02-01). "Hardwell releases first batch of 'Dare You' remixes". Dancing Astronaut. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- ""Safe and Sound" remix EP – out now! | Capital Cities". Capitalcitiesmusic.com. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Cash Cash – Chart history". Billboard. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "Cash Cash's 'Take Me Home' Acoustic Video: Exclusive Premiere". Billboard. November 6, 2013. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- Spada, Andrew (October 3, 2013). "Good Morning Mix: Cash Cash Royalty Radio 6". Dancing Astronaut. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- Hadley, Joseph (November 6, 2013). "Showtek ft. We Are Loud & Sonny Wilson – Booyah (Cash Cash Remix) [November 8 – Spinnin' Records] : DANCE REBELS | YOUR #1 DANCE MUSIC SOURCE". Dance Rebels. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "Cash Cash "Overtime" EP Review". Do Androids Dance. October 30, 2013. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "Cash Cash Strikes Again with 'Lightning' Remixes". Joonbug.
- "Cash Cash & Adrian Lux – Bullet : Melodic Electro / Progressive House (Free Download)". this song is sick. January 21, 2014. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- Spada, Andrew (January 21, 2014). "DA Exclusive; Cash Cash x Adrian Lux – Bullet (Original Mix) (Free Download)". Dancing Astronaut. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- Charles Aaron (April 9, 2014). "Hear Cash Cash's Remix of Clean Bandit's Banger 'Rather Be' – Premiere | Music News". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "Twitter / katyperry: If ur wondering WHAT IS THAT". Twitter.com. May 20, 2014. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- Spada, Andrew (December 14, 2013). "Winter Galactic relocates to Hammerstein Ballroom for New Year's Eve". Dancing Astronaut. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "Saturday, Feb 15th – Sunday, Feb 16th – Frequency 2014 @ Shaw Conference Centre â€" EDM Canada". Edmcanada.com. January 13, 2014. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "Marquee Las Vegas announces 2014 residency with Armin van Buuren, Cash Cash, Carnage, Porter Robinson and more". Dancing Astronaut. February 26, 2014. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- Curley, Jennifer (2014-03-21). "29TH ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL DANCE MUSIC AWARDS WINNERS". whiteraverrafting.com. Retrieved 2014-09-23.
- "Virgin Radio 96 :: Virgin Radio Concerts – Details". Montreal.virginradio.ca. January 31, 2013. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "EDM scene hits the Central Coast with Avila Beach Party | Mustang News | Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo". Mustang News. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "Firefly Music Festival 2014: OutKast, Foo Fighters, and Chance the Rapper Fill Out Lineup | SPIN | Music News". SPIN. January 14, 2014. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "Destination Delaware: A-Trak, Pretty Lights, Cash Cash and more booked for Firefly Festival". inthemix. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "Paradiso Festival Full 2014 Lineup". uscevents.com.
- "Beach Blanket Bingo Music Festival 2014". Edmsauce.com. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "Radio Industry News, Music Industry Updates, Nielsen Ratings, Music News and more!". FMQB. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "Boonstock Music Festival 2014 Line-up - Sunday, August 3rd 2014 - Interior Daily News". Interior Daily News.
- "Ile Soniq 2014: Day 2". CONFRONT Magazine.
- "104-9 Virgin Radio – Edmonton’s #1 Hit Music Station :: Concerts". 1049 Virgin Radio.
- "Lollapalooza 2014: Eminem, Iggy Azalea, Lorde Rock Day 1 - Billboard". Billboard.
- "Big Gigantic & Cash Cash To Headline Free Seattle Show For "Made in America" Tour". Dancemusicnw.com. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "Ultimate Music - Cash Cash "Surrender" (featuring Julia Michaels) [Official Lyric Video Premiere]". Ultimate Music.
- "Nocturnal Wonderland: EDM veterans Donald Glaude and Mark Farina show off their skills". dailynews.com.
- "master.php - EMI Music Publishing". emimusicpub.com.
- "Clean Bandit, Cash Cash and Galantis to headline Big Beat and Friends Miami Music Week Party".
- Review of Take It to the Floor. Allmusic.
- Review of Take It to the Floor. Pop Matters.
- Berkovsky, Zach (November 1, 2013). "Exclusive Interview with Cash Cash". Retrieved 2014-09-23.
- Storch, Sam (August 2, 2013). "BEHIND THE BEAT I CASH CASH INTERVIEW". onlythebeat.com. Retrieved 2014-09-13.
- Love or Lust Review, Under the Gun, April 25, 2011.
- Spada, Andrew (October 26, 2012). "NERVO & Hook n Sling – Reason (Cash Cash & The Jane Doze Remix)". Dancing Astronaut. Retrieved 2014-07-19.
- Smith, Ry (June 27, 2013). "Cash Cash – "Take Me Home" (feat. Bebe Rexha) Preview". Earmilk. Retrieved 2014-07-19.
- "Clean Bandit – Rather Be (Cash Cash & Valley Remix) : Progressive House / Deep House". this song is sick. April 12, 2014. Retrieved 2014-07-19.
- Cash Cash. "Cash Cash | Music Biography, Credits and Discography". AllMusic. Retrieved 2014-07-19.
- Morgan, Adam (July 17, 2013). "CASH CASH FEATURING BEBE REXHA "TAKE ME HOME"". survivingthegoldenage.com. Retrieved 2014-09-23.
- "Cash Cash & Adrian Lux – Bullet : Melodic Electro / Progressive House". this song is sick. January 21, 2014. Retrieved 2014-07-19.
- Zwilling, Eric (October 30, 2013). "Cash Cash release their Overtime EP on Big Beat Records". Dancing Astronaut. Retrieved 2014-09-23.
- Schellhammer, Joshua (October 29, 2013). "CASH CASH RELEASES A MYRIAD OF STYLES WITH THEIR "OVERTIME EP"". whiteraverrafting.com. Retrieved 2014-09-23.
- Anonymous Superhero (October 30, 2013). "Cash Cash – "Overtime" EP". doandroidsdance. Retrieved 2014-09-23.
- Farella, Dylan (August 12, 2013). "Bruno Mars releases 'Treasure' remixes from Audien, Cash Cash, and more". Dancing Astronaut. Retrieved 2014-09-23.
- EDM Hunters. "Listen to, vote on and discover the Top Indie Dance / Nu Disco Songs on EDM Hunters. What's your #1?". edmhunters.com. Retrieved 2014-09-23.
- Minimalistica. "Cash Cash – Overtime". Minimalistica.me. Retrieved 2014-09-23.
- E.J. (September 14, 2014). "CASH CASH – SURRENDER (FT. JULIA MICHAELS)". Good Music All Day. Retrieved 2014-09-23.
- Morgan, Adam (March 9, 2014). "CASH CASH FEATURING JOHN RZEZNIK "LIGHTNING"". Surviving The Golden Age. Retrieved 2014-09-23.
- Grant, Austin (October 26, 2012). "Cash Cash – Surrender (Ft. Julia Michaels)". EDMAssasin.com. Retrieved 2014-09-17.
- "Cash Cash: Cash Cash Sits Down With Nicky Romero & Looks Back At Ultra 2013". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "Steinberg – So Cash Cash are remixing Bruno Mars on...". Facebook. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "INTERVIEW: Cash Cash (2013)". notabledance.com. September 4, 2013. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "Twitter / cashcash: Huge thanks to our homies at". Twitter.com. June 11, 2014. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "Cash Cash – Chart History: Heatseekers Albums". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media.
- Cash Cash chart history, Oricon Albums
- "Cash Cash – Chart History: The Hot 100". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media.
- Hung, Steffen. "Discography Cash Cash". Australian Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- Hung, Steffen. "Discographie Cash Cash". Austrian Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- Hung, Steffen. "Discographie Cash Cash". French Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- Hung, Steffen. "Discographie Cash Cash". German Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- Hung, Steffen. "Discografie Cash Cash". Dutch Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- Hung, Steffen. "Discography Cash Cash". New Zealand Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- "Cash Cash : UK Charts". Officialcharts.com/. Official Charts Company.
- "RIAA - Gold & Platinum Searchable Database - December 06, 2014". http://www.riaa.com.
- "Canadian digital download certifications – Cash Cash – Take Me Home". Music Canada.