||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (July 2013)|
|This article's factual accuracy is disputed. (July 2013)|
|Origin||Roseland, New Jersey, United States|
|Genres||Electronic dance, electro house|
Big Beat (2013–present)
Cash Cash is an American EDM group from Roseland, New Jersey formed in 2008. Since then, they have done remixes for acts such as Krewella, Capital Cities, Kelly Clarkson, Bruno Mars, Showtek & Icona Pop alongside of producing, recording, mixing & mastering their own original music. The group, which consists of best friends and brothers, Jean Paul Makhlouf, Alex Makhlouf and Samuel Frisch released official remixes of Krewella's "Alive", Nicky Romero's “Symphonica”, Capital Cities “Safe And Sound”, Vicetone's “Heartbeat” ft. Collin McLoughlin, along with many others. They have also done production for outside artists including Krewella’s single, “Live For the Night,” which they produced & co-wrote. In 2013, the group signed to Big Beat Records.
The Consequence (2002–2007)
Cash Cash members Jean Paul Makhlouf and Sam Frisch first began playing together in a rock group called "The Consequence" in 2002. The band put out 3 releases independently. Your Own Place (2004), The Consequence (2005), and By The Bedside (2006) The band went through various keyboardists and drummers before solidifying the group with Alexander Makhlouf and drummer Anthony Villacari in 2007.
Cash Cash early history (2008–present)
Cash Cash is an EDM group formed in early 2008 by Jean Paul Makhlouf, Alexander Makhlouf, and Samuel Frisch. They signed with Universal Republic Records and soon after released an EP, and following this, and a full length album, Take It to the Floor.
The group's first EP for Universal reached No. 24 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart. The group then toured with Tyga and Metro Station, among many others such as Boys Like Girls, The White Tie Affair, and Forever The Sickest Kids. Their debut full-length album was released December 23, 2008 on iTunes through Universal and debuted in stores January 20, 2009, reaching No. 31 on the Heatseekers chart.
During the winter of 2008–2009, the group did a Hot Topic in-store tour with We The Kings and Hey Monday, performing acoustic songs and doing signings. In April 2009, Cash Cash toured with Kevin Rudolf, Hyper Crush, and Jeremy Greene on the Let it Rock (Tour). Cash Cash played the main stage at Bamboozle in May 2009. Immediately following the Bamboozle festival, they toured the UK with Cobra Starship. That summer they performed on the Vans Warped Tour. In fall of 2009 they did a House of Blues tour with Family Force 5 and Breathe Carolina. The following two months Cash Cash was support on the EZ Bronze Tour with Breathe Carolina. During the winter of 2010 Cash Cash played the Seattle Kiss FM show "Jingle Bell Bash" with The All-American Rejects, Cobra Starship, and All Time Low. At the end of February and into the spring of 2010, the group went on their first full headlining US tour, "The Robots In Hightops Tour"
On December 15, 2009, the group released a new single. Their cover of Cascada's single "Everytime We Touch" includes rapper MC Oz and debuted on the Zune marketplace. On December 18, 2009, they premiered the song live at the School of Rock in South Hackensack, New Jersey at their sold-out hometown concert. On March 9, 2010 Cash Cash released a cover single of the Alphaville song "Forever Young". The band released a new single in mid-November 2010 on Universal titled "Red Cup (I Fly Solo)" featuring Lacey Schwimmer (Dancing with the Stars) and Spose. The group released their second full length album Love or Lust on April 19, 2011 through Twilight Records. Shortly after Cash Cash released their first single from the album, "Sexin' On The Dance Floor" featuring Jeffree Star.
In 2011, The group parted ways with their drummer Anthony Villacari due to creative differences and continued to operate as a trio.
The group headlined a tour in Japan as well as shows in Brazil in 2011 supporting their album Love or Lust. The group returned to Japan in 2012 for another tour supporting their new single "Michael Jackson (The Beat Goes On)", a tribute to the music artist of the same name. In July 2012 they released a lyric video on YouTube of their song "Michael Jackson" that received over 100,000 views in only a few weeks. The group then signed a deal with Spinnin' Records after receiving radio play with their single "Michael Jackson" on Slamfm in the Netherlands. The song "Michael Jackson" appeared on the album 538 Dance Smash 2012, Vol.4.
On December 10, 2012, Cash Cash had their official remix of "Alive" by Krewella released on the Play Harder Remix EP. During Ultra Music Festival 2013 on behalf of the Huffington Post, Cash Cash conducted artist on artist interviews with Nicky Romero and Hardwell.
On April 16, 2013, the group announced via Twitter that they signed a new worldwide record deal with Atlantic / Big Beat Records and have begun recording new material for an upcoming release. Also on the same date Cash Cash had their remix of "Safe and Sound" by Capital Cities released on the Safe And Sound Remix EP through Lazy Hooks/Capitol Records. On May 20, 2013, Cash Cash released a remix of "Symphonica" by Nicky Romero that was released on Beatport through Protocol Recordings. Shortly following, on May 24, 2013, the group guest hosted an episode of Nicky Romero's Protocol Radio on Sirius FM (Electric Area) premiering their song "Take Me Home" featuring Bebe Rexha as well as other exclusive tracks.
On July 15, 2013, the group officially released their single "Take Me Home" featuring Bebe Rexha exclusively through Beatport. The song was then officially released worldwide on July 16, 2013. It peaked at #18 on the US Pop Songs chart and #67 on the US Billboard Hot 100 in 2014.
On October 29, 2013, they released their "Overtime-EP" with six tracks on iTunes. Beforehand, they premiered the album October 28, 2013 7 p.m. ET live online.
- Current members
- Jean Paul Makhlouf – Producer, DJ, guitar, writer, vocals
- Alexander Luke Makhlouf – Producer, DJ, writer, keyboards
- Samuel Warren Frisch – Producer, DJ, writer, bass
- Former members
- Anthony Villacari – Drums (2007–2011)
- Former live touring musicians
- Mike Doerr – Guitar, backup vocals (2007–2009)
- Cash Cash (EP) (Universal Republic, 2008)
- Take It to the Floor LP (Universal Republic, 2008)
- Red Cup EP (Universal Republic, 2010)
- Love or Lust (Twilight Records, 2011)
- The Beat Goes On (Twilight Records, 2012)
- Overtime – EP (Big Beat / Atlantic Records, 2013)
|2009||"Party in Your Bedroom"||Take It to the Floor|
|"Everytime We Touch"||non-album track|
|2010||"Forever Young"||non-album track|
|"Red Cup (I Fly Solo)" (featuring Lacey Schwimmer & Spose)||non-album track|
|2011||"Victim of Love"||Love or Lust|
|"Sexin' on the Dance Floor" (featuring Jeffree Star)|
|2012||"Michael Jackson"||The Beat Goes On|
|2013||"Take Me Home" (featuring Bebe Rexha)|
|2014||"Lightning" (featuring John Rzeznik)||TBD|
Remixes and production
- Cobra Starship – City Is At War (featuring Tyga) (Remix)
- Tyga – No Introduction (Additional Programming)
- Cobra Starship – Good Girls Go Bad (Remix)
- Cobra Starship – Monkey Magic (Mixed)
- Stereo Skyline – Tongue Tied (Remix)
- Boys Like Girls – Crazy World LP (Additional Production)
- Calvin Harris featuring Ne-Yo – Let's Go (Remix)
- Conor Maynard – Vegas Girl (Remix)
- Jeffree Starr – Legs Up (Co-wrote/Production/Mixed)
- Katy Perry – Part of Me (Remix with The Jane Doze)
- Lady Gaga – Marry the Night (Remix)
- Kelly Clarkson – Catch My Breath (Remix)
- Krewella – Alive (Cash Cash x Kalkutta Remix)
- Megan & Liz – Bad For Me (Additional Production)
- Nervo & Hook N' Sling – Reason (Remix with The Jane Doze)
- Nicky Romero – Symphonica (Remix)
- Bruno Mars – Treasure (Remix)
- Capital Cities – Safe And Sound (Remix)
- Vicetone – Heartbeat (Remix)
- Krewella – Live For The Night (Produced, Co-wrote)
- Icona Pop – All Night (Remix)
- Clinton Sparks feat. 2 Chainz, Macklemore & D.A. – Gold Rush (Cash Cash x Gazzo Remix)
- Showtek – Booyah (Remix)
- Rudimental – Free (Cash Cash x Gazzo Remix)
Music & remixes for Sega
|2010||Reach For The Stars (vs. Tomoya Ohtani)||Sonic Colors Original Soundtrack: Vivid Sounds × Hybrid Colors|
|Speak With Your Heart|
|2011||Stardust Speedway (vs. Jun Senoue)||Sonic the Hedgehog CD Original Soundtrack 20th Anniversary Edition|
|Sonic Boom (vs. Crush 40)|
|2012||Run Through the Speed Highway — Cash Cash RMX / Speed Highway: Act 1||Sonic Generations Original Soundtrack: Blue Blur|
|Going Down!? — Cash Cash vs. Jun Senoue RMX / Speed Highway: Act 2 — Skyscraper Downhill (vs. Jun Senoue)|
|Back 2 Back — Cash Cash RMX / Water Palace: Act 2|
|Escape From the City — Cash Cash RMX / City Escape: Act 1|
|Vengeance Is Mine – Cash Cash RMX / Radical Highway: Act 1|
|Boss Battle: Big Arms (vs. Jun Senoue)|
|Super Sonic Racing — Cash Cash vs. Jun Senoue RMX / Challenge / Mission 1 (vs. Jun Senoue)|
|Rival Battle: Metal Sonic (US ver.)|
- "Cash Cash – biography". Hip Online. October 21, 2008. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- Jeffries, David (December 23, 2008). "Cash Cash – Music Biography, Credits and Discography". AllMusic. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Cash Cash – Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Get a Record Deal – Cash Cash's Tips for Getting a Record Contract". Seventeen.com. December 4, 2008. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Heatseekers Albums : Feb 07, 2009 | Billboard Chart Archive". Billboard.com. February 7, 2009. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Cash Cash: Cash Cash Sits Down With Nicky Romero & Looks Back At Ultra 2013". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Cash Cash: Chopping It Up With Hardwell At Ultra". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Twitter / AtlanticRecords: We want to welcome @cashcash". Twitter.com. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- ""Safe and Sound" remix EP – out now! | Capital Cities". Capitalcitiesmusic.com. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Nicky Romero – Symphonica (Remixes)". Dancingastronaut.com. May 19, 2013. Retrieved July 7, 2013.