Casner Township, Jefferson County, Illinois
Location in Jefferson County
Jefferson County's location in Illinois
|• Total||36.02 sq mi (93.3 km2)|
|• Land||35.98 sq mi (93.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.11%|
|Elevation||495 ft (151 m)|
|• Density||34.4/sq mi (13.3/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62801, 62808, 62864, 62877, 62894, 62898|
|GNIS feature ID||0428774|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.02 square miles (93.3 km2), of which 35.98 square miles (93.2 km2) (or 99.89%) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (or 0.11%) is water. The township is centered at 38°21'N 89°5'W (38.349,-89.088). It is traversed east-west by Interstate Route 64 and State Route 15.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Grand Prairie Township (north)
- Rome Township (northeast)
- Shiloh Township (east)
- McClellan Township (southeast)
- Blissville Township (south)
- DuBois Township, Washington County (southwest)
- Ashley Township, Washington County (west)
- Richview Township, Washington County (west)
- Irvington Township, Washington County (northwest)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Locust Grove, Mount Catherine and Randolph.
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 107
- State Senate District 54
- "Casner Township, Jefferson County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.