Caspian Engineers Society
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (April 2014)|
|Purpose||Spread out `engineering culture` across the Caspian region.|
|Location||Branches in Azerbaijan and Turkiye.|
|Caspian Region, Turkiye|
|Board of Directors|
The Caspian Engineers Society (CES) is non-profit organisation, founded on the principle of developing “Engineering Culture” across the Caspian region. Mission of The CES is to develop engineers professionally, support regional industry by introducing world class experience and technology, and offer an engineering network. Further aim is to promote engineering awareness among the public that will drive "Be Engineer" movement and spark the interest of young generation in engineering.
- Develop regional engineering network to share knowledge and experience;
- Bridge between management and engineering community within companies;
- Develop cooperation between science and industrial organisations in the region;
- Bring international engineering standards to the region;
- Raise public awareness in different engineering subjects;
- Increase professional development of local engineers;
- Develop “Be Engineer” philosophy in the region;
- Develop ideas to transform Caspian countries into major industrial region;
- Provide engineering support to NGOs in the region.
In November, 2007, a group of young engineers came together to discuss some career, education issues and share concerns among each other. That meeting was the start point of the Caspian Engineers Society. First meetings were unofficial, but in further meetings it was decided to establish a non-profit organization consisting of volunteers which aimed to:
- Support young engineers and scientists to be technically expert in their fields;
- Support industry development in terms of technology and engineering areas;
- Spread out `engineering culture` across the Caspian region, etc.
Caspian Engineers Society offers following two membership types:
- Professional Membership for professional engineers.
- Student Membership for students studying engineering.
- The 1st Professional Engineering Organization within the region;
- 2009 BP Annual Engineering Award winner on the “People Development” nomination;
- 2010 Institute of Chemical Engineers (UK Engineering Council) Annual Awards – Highly Commended on the “Education and Training” nomination;
- The 3rd International Scientific and Practical Conference “Scientific-Technical Creativity of Youth in the knowledge –based society” held in Moscow in 2011;
- 75+ technical events during the recent 4 years;
- 2600+ students and young engineers attended events.
- Elkhan Bashirov;
- Elnur Yusifov;
- Lachin Alakbarov;
- Rufat Azizov;
- Shahin Teymurkhanli;
- Vugar Samadli.
Past Executive Chairmen
- Lachin Alakbarov (2012);
- Rufat Azizov (2011).
- Rashid Javanshir, President of BP Azerbaijan – Georgia – Turkey Regional Unit;
- Hamlet Isakhanli, Head of Board of Trustees of Khazar University;
- Ahmet Sanich, Rector of Qafqaz University;
- Chris Houghton, Engineering Authority of BP Azerbaijan – Georgia – Turkey Regional Unit;
- Vagif Abbasov, Correspondence Member of National Academy of Science of Azerbaijan Republic.
- TheCESworld.org: Our Mission
- Membership page in Official Website
- CES wins ICHEME Award
- CES wins ICHEME Award
- CES wins "3rd International Scientific and Practical Conference"
- Achievements page in Official Website
- Founders page in our Official Webpage
- Our Supporters page in Official Website
- Partners page in Official Website