||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (February 2010)|
|Founded||Mountain View, CA, USA (2000)|
|Headquarters||Santa Clara, CA, USA|
|Frank Zamani, CEO, Founder|
Caspio, Inc. is a global cloud platform for creating custom business applications without coding. Headquartered in Santa Clara, California, USA.
Caspio is a cloud platform for creating business database applications without requiring development skills. Tech-savvy business users can create web forms, publish data or create complete custom applications such as a customer relationship management (CRM) without coding.
The company also develops pre-built web applications such as Feedback Management, Knowledge Base and Membership Directory and more that are available in its application gallery. It is classified as a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
Caspio offers a variety of plans ranging from a free personal plan, to plans for small businesses, corporations, enterprise-wide rollouts, a dedicated environment and on-premise installation. Caspio is also available in a HIPAA-compliant offering for those managing PHI.
The company has a wide range of customers including Fortune-500 corporations, more than 80% of America’s leading newspapers, government agencies, healthcare organizations, educational institutions, small businesses, non-profits and entrepreneurs.
Caspio was founded in 2000 by Frank Zamani, the President and CEO. The company released the first version of Caspio Bridge in 2001and had followed up with frequent regular updates and enhancements since then. Caspio is a privately held corporation.
The company was named to the Inc. 500l5000 list for three consecutive years in 2010, 2011 and 2012.
In 2013, Caspio was recognized by Silicon Valley Business Journal as one of the Fastest Growing Private Companies in the Silicon Valley.
- Platform as a service (PaaS)
- Software as a service (Saas)
- Cloud computing
- Rapid application development
- Eddy, Nathan. "Caspio HIPAA Enterprise Targets Health Care Industry". Retrieved 2014-10-06.
- eWeek: Caspio HIPAA Enterprise Targets Health Care Industry
- Talkin'Cloud: Caspio Launches HIPAA-Compliant Application Development PlatformSimplifying Database Publishing With Caspio
- Programmableweb.com: CASPIO LAUNCHES HIPAA-COMPLIANT PAAS WITH API
- Database Trend: Caspio Debuts HIPAA-Compliant Edition of Cloud Application Platform
- Forbes.com: Simplifying Database Publishing With Caspio
- Silicon Valley San Jose Business Journal: Caspio grows by making creating database apps easy
- InformationWeek: Is Caspio The "Microsoft Access" Of The Cloud?
- .NET Developer's Journal: Cloud Database – Are You Prepared?
- CMC: Caspio Offers Flexible and Fast Online Database Development for Business Users
- New York Times: Gritty and Profitable In a Tough Market
- NetworkWorld: Caspio: A SaaS Provider with a different approach
- New York Times: A Web–based app builder with a Microsoft Twist
- Editor & Publisher: Caspio Offers Turnkey Recipe Guide for Web Site Visitors
- Smallbiztechnology.com: Caspio ExpressDB Rocks: While Web 2.0 Has the Lime Light, Web Forms are the Rage
- eWeek: Caspio to Give SMBs a Break From Database Coding
- PC Magazine: Getting to First Database – PC Magazine Reviews Caspio Bridge