||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (February 2010)|
|Founded||Mountain View, CA, USA (2000)|
|Headquarters||Santa Clara, CA, USA|
|Key people||Frank Zamani, CEO, Founder|
Caspio, Inc. is a provider of a cloud database and application building platform "Caspio Bridge". The company also develops pre-built web applications. It is classified as both a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider.
Customers include Fortune-500 corporations, digital media companies, government agencies, educational institutions, small businesses, non-profits, and individual entrepreneurs.
Caspio was founded in 2000 by Frank Zamani, who is its President and CEO. The company released the first version of Caspio Bridge in 2001. Corporate headquarters are located in Santa Clara, California. Caspio, Inc. is a privately held corporation.
Caspio's primary service, Caspio Bridge, is a cloud database platform that allows users to create interactive web applications without the need for programming. The database platform allows business users and IT professionals to create web forms, databases, and enterprise management applications.
The cloud platform uses point-and-click wizards and does not require programming or hardware. The web-based software guides users through building custom applications by combining web forms, database searches, reports, widgets, password protection, mobile applications, and email triggers.
- Brynko, Barbara. "Creating Do–It–Yourself Databases with Caspio". Retrieved 2008-11-26.
- Gibbs, Mark. "Caspio: A SaaS provider with a different approach". Retrieved 2008-11-25.
- Forbes.com: Simplifying Database Publishing With Caspio
- Silicon Valley San Jose Business Journal: Caspio grows by making creating database apps easy
- InformationWeek: Is Caspio The "Microsoft Access" Of The Cloud?
- .NET Developer's Journal: Cloud Database – Are You Prepared?
- CMC: Caspio Offers Flexible and Fast Online Database Development for Business Users
- New York Times: Gritty and Profitable In a Tough Market
- NetworkWorld: Caspio: A SaaS Provider with a different approach
- New York Times: A Web–based app builder with a Microsoft Twist
- Editor & Publisher: Caspio Offers Turnkey Recipe Guide for Web Site Visitors
- Smallbiztechnology.com: Caspio ExpressDB Rocks: While Web 2.0 Has the Lime Light, Web Forms are the Rage
- eWeek: Caspio to Give SMBs a Break From Database Coding
- PC Magazine: Getting to First Database – PC Magazine Reviews Caspio Bridge