From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up cast in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Cast may refer to:
- Cast member, (c.1631) a group of performers in a play, movie, or performing arts
- Orthopedic cast, a protective shell which is used to help heal broken bones by holding the limb in place
- In archaeology, a cavity formed by the decomposition of wood furnishings or human or animal remains, previously covered due to volcanic ash fall
- The casting of magic spells
- In falconry, flying two or more falconry birds together
- Plaster cast, a copy made in plaster of another three-dimensional form, for example a sculpture
- In computer science, typecast refers to explicitly changing the interpretation of the bit pattern representing a value, from one type to another.
- In fishing, to cast a line refers to the act of throwing bait or a lure using a fishing line out over the water using a flexible fishing rod
- A mnemonic for when the trigonometric functions are positive : Cosine (IV), All (I), Sine (II), Tangent (III).
- Phyllis Christine Cast (born 1960) is an American romance/fantasy author, known for the House of Night series she writes with her daughter Kristin Cast.
- Cast, Finistère, a commune of the Finistère département, in France
- Cast (earthworm), mineral-rich organic matter that is excreted by earthworms
- Urinary cast, tubules found in urine
- Cast (archery), the distance a bow can shoot its arrow
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.