From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Castile or Castilla in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Castile, derived from a word that means "castle", may refer to:
- County of Castile, one of the medieval counties of the Kingdom of León, AD 850–1035
- Kingdom of Castile, one of the medieval kingdoms of the Iberian Peninsula, 1035–1230
- Crown of Castile, historic entity, usually considered to have begun in 1230 AD with the third and definitive union of the two kingdoms of León and Castile, 1230–1716
- Castile and León, autonomous community of modern Spain roughly similar to Old Castile
- Castile-La Mancha, autonomous community of modern Spain roughly similar to New Castille
- Castilla de Oro (Castile of Gold), 16th century Central American territory from the Gulf of Urabá, near today's Colombian-Panamanian border, to the Belén River
- Governorate of New Castile, gubernatorial region administered to Francisco Pizarro in 1528 by King Charles V, roughly the area of modern Peru
- Castilla District, of Piura Province
- Castilla, Sorsogon, 3rd class municipality in the province of Sorsogon, Philippines
- Castilia (butterfly), in the Subtribe Phyciodina
- Castilla (plant), tree genus belonging to the family Moraceae
- Spanish cruiser Castilla, Aragon-class unprotected cruiser of the Spanish Navy that fought in the Battle of Manila Bay on May 1, 1898, during the Spanish-American War
- Castile soap, name used for soap made with olive oil originating from the Castile region of Spain.
- Castilla (Vino de la Tierra), Spanish geographical indication for wines located in the autonomous region of Castile La Mancha.
- Castille a fictional character in Phantom Brave.
- All pages with titles containing "Castile"
- All pages with titles containing "Castilla"
- Castella, popular Japanese sponge cake
- Castilian (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.