From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up casting in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Casting is a manufacturing process using a fluid medium in a mould, so as to produce a casting.
- Casting (metalworking) is one notable variant of this, using molten metal.
Casting can also refer to:
- A process in sculpture of converting plastic materials into more solid form, prior to patination or other surface treatment
- Casting, Moulting or Shedding of hair in most breeds of dog and other mammals
- In bookkeeping, casting or footing is a method of summing a table of numbers by column (down)
- Casting (performing arts), a pre-production process for selecting a cast of actors and other talent for a live or recorded performance, or models for a photo shoot or showing
- Casting (fishing), the process whereby a bait, fly or lure is placed into or onto the water to catch fish
- Casting (falconry), anything given to a hawk to purge and cleanse its gorge
- Casting, a synonym for Internet webcast broadcasting
- Excretions from an earthworm, and the end product of vermicomposting
- Type conversion in computer programming
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.