Castlemont Community of Small Schools
Coordinates: Castlemont Community of Small Schools was a community of three autonomous small schools in Oakland, California, created by splitting up Castlemont High School, originally known as East Oakland High School. The long term name of Castlemont name was selected by a vote of the students.
The schools were:
- Castlemont Leadership Preparatory High (10-12)
- Castlemont Business and Information Technology School (10-12) (CBITIS)
- East Oakland School of the Arts (10-12)
- Freshman Prep Academy (FPA)
Similar small school experiments were going on at the Fremont Federation of High Schools:
- College Preparatory and Architecture Academy
- Mandela High School
- Media College Preparatory High School
- Paul Robeson School, Visual and Performing Arts (closed after the 2009-2010 school year).
and at the McClymonds Educational Complex:
- EXCEL High School (Experience, eXcellence, Community, Empowerment, and Leadership)
- BEST High School (Business Entrepreneurial School of Technology)
- Kizmet Academy (slogan: Students Destined for Greatness), a middle school.
- Official Castlemont Community of Small Schools website
- San Francisco Chronicle news article regarding small schools
- Castlemont High School
- What’s Next for Castlemont?
|This California school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Alameda County, California building and structure-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|