Castles in Spain (film)
|Castles in Spain|
|Directed by||Horace Lisle Lucoque|
|Produced by||Nellie E. Lucoque|
|Written by||Ruby M. Ayres (novel)
Nellie E. Lucoque
|Starring||C. Aubrey Smith
|Distributed by||Gaumont British Distributors|
Castles in Spain is a 1920 British silent drama film directed by Horace Lisle Lucoque and starring C. Aubrey Smith, Lilian Braithwaite and Hayford Hobbs. It was based on the novel Castles in Spain by Ruby M. Ayres. It was made at Kew Studios in London. A man retires to a country village, where he meets the woman of his dreams. However, he soon discovers that his nephew has also fallen in love with her.
- C. Aubrey Smith as The builder
- Lilian Braithwaite as Elizabeth Cherry
- Bertie Gordon as Rachael
- Hayford Hobbs as Roger Welchman
- Maud Yates as Gwendolyn Welchman
- Charles Vane as The lame man
- R. Heaton Grey as George Henson
- Jeff Barlow as The lavender man
- May Lind as Diana Wynne
- Low p.346
- Warren p.113
- Bamford, Kentom. Distorted Images: British National Identity and Film in the 1920s. I.B. Tauris, 1999.
- Low, Rachael. History of the British Film, 1918-1929. George Allen & Unwin, 1971.
- Warren, Patricia. British Film Studios: An Illustrated History. Batsford, 2001.
|This article related to a British film of the 1920s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|