Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate
|Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate|
|Director(s)||Jose Luis Márquez|
|Writer(s)||Jose Luis Márquez
|Release date(s)||Nintendo 3DS
An updated version of the game titled Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD was released on October 25, 2013 for Xbox 360 on Xbox Live, and on October 29, 2013 for PlayStation 3 on PlayStation Network.
Simon (voiced by Alec Newman) is the son of Trevor and Sypha Belmont. At the age of six, Simon’s parents were murdered by the forces of Dracula, and Simon was lucky to escape with his own life. Lost and alone, he was found in the forest by some of the mountain people. Simon was taken in and raised amongst them.
Simon never forgot what had happened to his parents and vowed to deliver vengeance one day upon those responsible. He trained hard and was extremely gifted in combat, yet life was hard for young Simon growing up. Always an outcast amongst the tribe, he developed a strong will and stubborn attitude that would always boil over into rage, and men soon came to fear him and his prowess in the arts of war.
He fiercely protected a fragment of mirror given to him by his father and always wore it around his neck for safekeeping.
Many years passed, yet the rage and yearning for revenge never left his heart. So one day he left the relative safety of the mountains and headed towards the land of his birth, to seek out the one they call the Dragon, to meet him face to face, and destroy him forever, little knowing that the curse of his family name would lead him into darkness and a terrible truth.
According to the producer David Cox, the development team had previously developed Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate in HD, and adapted it later for the Nintendo 3DS.
Mirror of Fate was delayed because MercurySteam was not pleased with certain elements of it.
The game has received mixed reviews, with a 73 on aggregate score site Metacritic. Peter Brown of GameSpot gave the game a 7 out of 10, praising the visuals and the combat system, while criticizing the game's easy difficulty and predictable story. IGN's Colin Moriarity panned the game with a score of 4.7 out of 10, concluding that it had "emphasis on fragmented exploration and shallow leveling"
- Nintendo and Konami join forces to launch Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate across Europe
- Stephany Nunnely (October 25, 2013). "Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD screenshots accompany release on Xbox Live". VG247. Retrieved October 26, 2013.
- "Castlevania Mirror of Fate". 2012-05-24.[dead link]
- "Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate Official Website - Cursed by Blood". Retrieved 2012-12-27.
- "Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate Announced For Nintendo 3DS". 2012-05-29. Retrieved 2012-08-16.
- Castlevania – Mirror of Fate helped avoid MercurySteam closure, why the game was delayed
- "Castelvania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate for 3DS". GameRankings. Retrieved March 9, 2013.
- "Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate Critic Reviews for 3DS". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved March 9, 2013.
- 1UP Staff (March 7, 2013). "Castlevania: Mirror of Fate Review for Nintendo 3DS from 1UP.com". 1UP. Retrieved March 9, 2013.
- Turi, Tim (March 5, 2013). "A Fresh Take on the Portable Bloodline - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate - 3DS". GameInformer. Retrieved March 9, 2013.
- Brown, Peter (March 5, 2013). "Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate Review". GameSpot. Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- Moriarty, Colin (March 5, 2013). "Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate Review". IGN. Retrieved March 9, 2013.
- "Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate review: Symphony of the Fight". AOL. 13 March 2013. Retrieved 13 March 2013.