Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth
|Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth|
Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth (Japanese: ドラキュラ伝説 ReBirth Hepburn: Dorakyura Densetsu: ReBirth?, The Legend of Dracula ReBirth) is a side-scrolling action platform game developed by M2, and released by Konami for the Wii in 2009 as a WiiWare title. It is currently available in Japan, North America, Europe, and Australia. Based on the 1989 Game Boy title Castlevania: The Adventure, it is the third game in M2's ReBirth series, following Gradius ReBirth and Contra ReBirth.
The setting of the game takes place a century before the original Castlevania title, where the player controls an ancestor of Simon Belmont named Christopher Belmont, who must defeat the vampire Dracula.
The Adventure ReBirth consists of six areas that the player has to complete in order to finish the game. Toward the end of each area is a boss the player has to defeat before advancing to the next stage.
The player's main weapon for attacking in-game enemies is a whip, which can upgraded by collecting orbs. The last upgrade lets the player shoot fire from Christopher's whip for a short duration. Unlike the original Adventure title for the Game Boy, there are sub-weapons which are powered with items called hearts. There are five sub-weapons and each has a different use.
|Dracula Densetsu ReBirth & Contra ReBirth Original Soundtrack|
|Soundtrack album by Manabu Namiki|
|Released||March 24, 2010 (Japan)|
|Genre||Video game soundtrack|
The game's soundtrack was composed by Manabu Namiki, who worked on the other titles in the ReBirth series. The music consists of remixes of previous Castlevania tracks.
The official album was released on March 24, 2010 in a compilation with Contra ReBirth's music.
The Adventure ReBirth garnered positive reviews. It has a Metacritic score of 78% based on 22 critic reviews, and 81.40% on GameRankings with 20 critic reviews. Game Informer's Tim Turi praised its audio and noted that it was a better game than Castlevania: The Adventure though still felt it was "unforgiving". GameZone ranked it as the 10th best Castlevania game. Robert Workman (an editor for GameZone) complimented Konami for making this game in light of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.
- ドラキュラ伝説 ReBirth
- NintendoWare Weekly: Castlevania ReBirth, Pilotwings, Oregon Trail | Joystiq
- Perfect Selection Dracula ~New Classic~ (Media notes). King Records Co., Ltd. 1992.
- Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. : Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth
- Castlevania the Adventure Rebirth Review – Wii Review at IGN
- Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth screens pop up- Destructoid
- ドラキュラ伝説ReBirth ＆ 魂斗羅ReBirth オリジナルサウンドトラック : KONAMIのショッピングサイト | コナミスタイル(konamistyle)
- Reviews and News Articles – GameRankings
- Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth for Wii Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic
- Turi, Tim (2012-04-04). "Ranking The Castlevania Bloodline". Game Informer. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- Workman, Robert (2011-09-27). "Happy 25th Birthday Castlevania: The Ten Best Games In the Series". GameZone. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- Dracula Densetsu ReBirth at Konami (Japanese)
- Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth at Konami (English)