From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Castro is a Romance (Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Galician, and Filipino) word originally derived from Latin "Castrum", a pre-Roman military camp or fortification (cf: Greek: kastron; Proto-Celtic: *Kassrik; Breton: kaer, *kastro).
It may refer to:
- Castro (surname)
- Prince Carlo, Duke of Castro, Head of the Royal House of Bourbon Two Sicilies of Naples
- Castro (musician), Ghanaian musician
- Ariel Castro (1960–2013), convicted of the kidnappings of Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus, and Michelle Knight
- Cipriano Castro (1854–1924), president of Venezuela
- Juan José Castro (1895 –1968), argentinian composer
- Julián Castro (1810–1875), president of Venezuela
- Julian Castro (born 1974), American politician of Mexican descent. Mayor of San Antonio, Texas.
- Joaquín Castro (born 1974), American politician of Mexican descent, U.S. Congressman
- Fidel Castro (born 1926), former political leader of Cuba
- Raúl Castro (born 1931), current political leader of Cuba and Fidel's younger brother
- Starlin Castro (born 1990), a professional Major League baseball player
- House of Castro, Spanish noble family
- Martin Castrogiovanni (born 1981), Argentina-born Italian rugby union prop
- Castro, a town and municipality in the state of Paraná in the Southern Region of Brazil.
- Castro, Apulia, a comune in the province of Lecce
- Castro, Lazio, a destroyed town in the province of Viterbo
- Castro, Lombardy, a comune in the province of Bergamo
- Castel di Castro, 13th century fortified city at the site of modern Cagliari, Sardinia
- United States
- Castro County, Texas
- Castro Cove, an embayment of the San Pablo Bay in Richmond, California
- Castro Creek, a creek in Richmond, California
- Castro Street Station, a Metro station in San Francisco, California
- Castro Theatre, a movie theater in San Francisco, California
- The Castro, San Francisco, a neighborhood in San Francisco, California
- Castro Valley, California, a census-designated place (CDP) in Alameda County
- Castro culture, Iron-Age, Bronze-Age and Celtic culture in the Northern Iberian Peninsula
- Castro (clothing), an Israel-based clothing company
- Wars of Castro, conflict between the Papacy and the Farnese dukes of Parma
- Castro FC, Spanish football team
- Kastro (disambiguation)
- Castor (disambiguation)
- Gastro-, common English-language prefix derived from the ancient Greek gastros ("stomach")
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.