Map of Masbate with Cataingan highlighted
|Region||Bicol (Region V)|
|• Mayor||Wilton T. Kho|
|• Total||191.64 km2 (73.99 sq mi)|
|• Density||260/km2 (660/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Cataingan is a second class municipality in the province of Masbate, Philippines, about 77 kilometres (48 mi) southeast of Masbate City. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 49,078 people. Cataingan is one of the municipalities and cities of Masbate where Cebuano is the indigenous language.
In 1948, Placer, then a barrio of this town, was separated as a town by virtue of Republic Act No. 292, passed June 16, 1948. Three years later, in 1951, the barrios of Limbuhan, Guindawahan, Palho, Casabangan, Salvacion, Alegria, Tanke, Bundukan, Bugtong, and Cabangrayan were separated from Cataingan and created into the town of Limbuhan.
- San Isidro
- San Jose
- San Pedro
- San Rafael
- Santa Teresita
- Santo Niño
- Villa Pogado
|Population census of Cataingan|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Province: Masbate". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "An act creating the municipality of Placer in the province of Masbate". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-09.
- "An Act Creating the Municipality of Limbuhan in the Province of Masbate". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-09.
- "Province of Masbate". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 23 July 2013.
- Informations about Cataingan
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|Samar Sea / Tagapul-an, Samar|
|Placer||Pio V. Corpuz|
|This article about a Philippine location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|