The Catalina 22 is a popular sailboat produced by Catalina Yachts. Its hull measures 21 foot 6 inches (6.55 m), which is rounded up to 22 feet (6.7 m) for use in the model's name. First produced in 1968, it is one of the longest continuously produced sailboats in the world.
The Catalina 22 has also been manufactured in Australia and marketed as the Boomaroo 22 before being relaunched as the Catalina 22.
As of 2007, there have been three historical revisions:
- The original (mkI) design, produced from 1969 to 1995, with over 15,000 built.
- The Mark II (mkII) design, produced from 1995 to current.
- The Sport design, a racing variant, produced from 2004 to current.
It has been made most commonly in Swing Keel, Fin Keel, and Wing Keel. The boat is one of five charter members to Sailboat Hall of Fame.
|Length Overall||21' - 6"||Beam||7' - 8"|
|Length Waterline||19' - 4"||Draft
Swing Keel Board Up
Swing Keel Board Down
2' - 0"
5' - 0"
3' - 6"
2' - 6"
|Mast To Waterline||
|Water Tank Capacity||Portable|
|Fuel Tank||Capacity for 6 Gallon Portable||Holding Tank||Self Containing Head|
|Berths||Sleeps (4) very good friends||Height On Cradle||8' - 9"|
Pop Top Up
Pop Top Down
5' - 7"
4' - 4"
|Sails||Standard (Main, Jib, Genoa)|
Rig Dimensions for MK1, MK2 and Sport: "I"=25.83ft "J"=8.00ft "P"=21.00ft "E"=9.66ft
Notes and references
Keel cable replacement
Keel cable consists of the following:
10 feet (3.0 m) of 3/16" 7X19 stainless steel cable with a roll swaged fork at the end. Fork is for 3/16" cable with a 0.313" hole for clevis pin with an inside fork span of 0.26".
Winch pawl replacement
The spring that provides tension for the clutch on the Keel winch can be obtained as follows:
|Manufacturer / Model||Pawl Kit SKU||Source|
|Fulton 560||6731s00||Phone factory at 715-693-9222|
- Catalina 22 Forum on Delphiforums
- Catalina 22 Organization
- Catalina 22 Forum
- Catalina 22 parts and support
- Boats of the Norfolk Broads - Style Gallery
- Australian Boomaroo 22 review and promotional material.
- Later Australian Catalina 22 brochure.