|Studio album by Jamie Cullum|
|Released||26 September 2005 (UK), 11 October 2005 (US)|
|Recorded||Rak Studios, London, England|
|Genre||Jazz-pop, crossover jazz, vocal jazz, blue-eyed soul|
|Label||UCJ, Candid Records, Verve Forecast (US)|
|Producer||Stewart Levine & Dan the Automator|
|Jamie Cullum chronology|
|Singles from Catching Tales|
Catching Tales is the fourth album by Jamie Cullum. It was released in late September 2005 in the United Kingdom and a few weeks later in the United States.
This release follows Twentysomething, Cullum's biggest seller to date. Like that album, Cullum performs some original material as well as some covers and standards. The first single from the album was "Get Your Way", followed by "Mind Trick" later in 2005. In 2006, "Photograph" was released as a single.
Stewart Levine, producer of Twentysomething, repeated duties on this album. Additionally, renowned hip hop DJ and Gorillaz member Dan Nakamura (aka Dan the Automator) helped to produce the first track "Get Your Way".
A deluxe edition was released and came with a DVD including an 18-minute feature entitled "Telling Tales", a behind-the-scenes documentary about the making and promotion of the album.
In the Netherlands, an exclusive Dutch edition of the album was released. This edition came with a bonus CD which includes the two songs "All at Sea" and "Everlasting Love", performed live at BNN's That's Live.
Cullum has toured extensively around the world in support of the album.
- "Get Your Way" (Allen Toussaint, Jamie Cullum, Dan Nakamura) – 4:01
- "London Skies" (Cullum, Guy Chambers) – 3:43
- "Photograph" (Cullum) – 5:47
- "I Only Have Eyes for You" (Al Dubin, Harry Warren) – 3:58
- "Nothing I Do" (Cullum) – 5:03
- "Mind Trick" (Cullum, Ben Cullum) – 4:05
- "21st Century Kid" (Cullum) – 4:00
- "I'm Glad There Is You" (Jimmy Dorsey, Paul Mertz) – 4:09
- "Oh God" (Cullum, Guy Chambers) – 3:38
- "Catch the Sun" (Jimi Goodwin, Jez Williams, Andy Williams) – 3:46
- "7 Days to Change Your Life" (Cullum) – 5:37
- "Our Day Will Come" (Mort Garson, Bob Hilliard) – 3:55
- "Back to the Ground" (Cullum, Ed Harcourt) – 4:37
- "Fascinating Rhythm" (George Gershwin, Ira Gershwin) – 4:49 (Only included in the UK release.)
- "My Yard" (Cullum, B. Cullum, Teron Beal) – 4:09