From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up category in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Category, plural categories, may refer to:
Philosophy and general uses
- For categories in cognitive science, information science and generally, see categorization
- Category of being
- Categories (Aristotle)
- Category (Kant)
- Categories (Peirce)
- Category (Vaisheshika)
- Stoic categories
- Category theory
- Category (mathematics)
- Equivalence of categories
- Lexical category, a part of speech such as noun, preposition, etc.
- Syntactic category, a similar concept which can also include phrasal categories
- Grammatical category, a grammatical feature such as tense, gender, etc.
- Category (chess tournament)
- Objective-C categories, a computer programming concept
- Pregnancy category
- Prison security categories in the United Kingdom
- List of boxing weight classes
- List of software categories
- Saffir–Simpson Hurricane Scale, a common categorization of hurricane intensities
- Categories of New Testament manuscripts
- Network cable categories: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5/5e, 6/6a, 7/7a (F)
- A classification in a system of compartmentalization (information security)
- All pages with titles containing "Category"
- Categorical (disambiguation)
- Category 1 (disambiguation)
- Category 2 (disambiguation)
- Category 3 (disambiguation)
- Category 4 (disambiguation)
- Category 5 (disambiguation)
- Category 6 (disambiguation)
- Category 7: The End of the World
- Category A (disambiguation)
- Category B (disambiguation)
- Category C (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Category.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.