Category:Ancient Near East
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ancient Near East.|
- The Ancient Near East refers to early civilizations within a region roughly corresponding to the present day Middle East and Asia Minor, in Western Asia.
- It includes the periods during the Bronze Age and the Iron Age (roughly 3000 BCE to 330 BCE).
- Dates before (ca.) 3000 BCE and after 330 BCE are not usually included in the term "Ancient Near East":
- dates before (ca.) 3000 BCE fall into the prehistoric period
- dates after 330 BCE fall into the Hellenistic period
- See also:
This category has the following 34 subcategories, out of 34 total.
The following 51 pages are in this category, out of 51 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).