Category:Ancient Near East
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ancient Near East.|
- The Ancient Near East refers to early civilizations within a region roughly corresponding to the present day Middle East and Asia Minor, in Western Asia.
- It includes the periods during the Bronze Age and the Iron Age (roughly 3000 BCE to 330 BCE).
- Dates before (ca.) 3000 BCE and after 330 BCE are not usually included in the term "Ancient Near East":
- dates before (ca.) 3000 BCE fall into the prehistoric period
- dates after 330 BCE fall into the Hellenistic period
- See also:
This category has the following 34 subcategories, out of 34 total.
- ► Maps of the ancient Near East (1 P)
- ► Ancient Cyprus (6 C, 9 P)
- ► Gutium (1 C, 3 P)
- ► Near East in Classical Antiquity (18 C, 2 P)
- ► Ancient Near East organizations (10 P)
- ► Ancient Near East in popular culture (5 C, 5 P)
- ► Ancient Near East stubs (3 C, 111 P)
- ► WikiProject Ancient Near East (5 C, 3 P)
Pages in category "Ancient Near East"
The following 53 pages are in this category, out of 53 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).