Category:Articles with missing files
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|If this category has 100 items or more, it will report as a backlog. ( )|
|This category is not shown on its member pages, unless the appropriate user preference is set.|
|Administrators: Please do not delete this category even if it is empty!
This category may be empty occasionally or even most of the time.
Here are some tips for assisting with clearing the backlog:
- Check the history of the article. An article may have had a redlinked image added recently in which case it can be rolled back or undone. If detected the MediaWiki software will use a tag in the edit history.
- Use tools like Wiki File Helper to view a file's past history on en.wp and commons to see if deleted.
- Sometimes the hidden category flag is not cleared if images are added that are used by a template. Doing an edit to the article clears the flag.
- When removing an image from an infobox template be sure to remove the caption as well. There is no guarantee that a replacement image would use the same caption.
- Templates in Category:Templates with missing files can add large numbers of articles to this category - As of 28 Feb 2014 there were 14 with missing files and the current number is 20.
- If you can't see where the redlinked image occurs, view the HTML source of the page and search for a link to the File Upload Wizard.
The following 46 pages are in this category, out of 46 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).