Category:Articles with missing files
|This page has a backlog that requires the attention of willing editors.
This notice will hide when this category has fewer than 100 items. ( )
|This category is not shown on its member pages, unless the appropriate user preference is set.|
|Administrators: Please do not delete this category even if it is empty!
This category may be empty occasionally or even most of the time.
At present there are a mixture of long-standing articles as well as ones that are recently added. Here are some tips for assisting with clearing the backlog:
- Check the history of the article. An article may have had a redlinked image added recently in which case it can be rolled back or undone. If detected the MediaWiki software will use a tag in the edit history.
- The "Related Changes" feature can be used to trace changes to article in this category. It will show changes to all article already in this category as well as new additions.
- New templates that appear in Category:Templates with missing files can add large numbers of articles to this category.
As of September 2012 there were 72 templates with missing files and the current number is 70.
- Newbies and IP editors often add redlinked images.
- It seems that the current vandal detection methods do not work well on image links.
- 0-9, A, B, C (mostly), D (mostly), E and F sections were all cleared by late October 2012. Therefore they now contain redlinks added since then.
- If there is no hidden category listed in the article they may be a template in the article that contains a redlinked file, or it is a glitch where a previously redlinked image has been created. Doing an edit to the article clears this glitch.
- When removing an image from an infobox template be sure to remove the caption as well. There is no guarantee that a replacement image would use the same caption.
|9 Sept 2012||23 Sept 2012||23 Oct 2012||27 Oct 2012||16 Jan 2013||11 May 2013|
Backlog: Articles with missing files
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 7,953 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).(previous 200) (next 200)