Category:Ballets Russes productions
- articles on Ballets Russes, and their initiator Sergei Diaghilev;
- articles on Ballets Russes dancers and choreographers like Vaslav Nijinsky and Lydia Lopokova,...;
- articles on the composers that worked for the Ballets Russes like Ottorino Respighi and Maurice Ravel,...;
- articles on other collaborators to Ballets Russes productions like Pablo Picasso and Jean Cocteau,...;
- articles on cultural movements like cubism and fauvism;
- articles on society figures that in one way or another related to the ballets russes, like Winnaretta Singer, Count Étienne de Beaumont and Misia Edwards,...;
- articles on theatres and other performance places,...;
- ballet and dance related articles,...;
The reason for this category is, however, that there are also articles giving more detailed descriptions of individual Ballets Russes productions, regarding their premiere, etc...
The category concentrates on the innovating productions of Diaghilev's Ballets Russes, as they were performed in Western Europe (Paris, and later several places in Europe and the Americas), from 1909 to 1929.
This category involves as well ballet music that was originally commissioned for the Ballets Russes performances, as stagings of the ballet company that were realised on previously existing (ballet) music (like Les Sylphides, L'après-midi d'un faune or Tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty).
The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).