This family page refers to the branches of the Cary family originally of Cockington, Devon, particularly coming into prominence in the 16th century with the creation of Henry Carey, 1st Baron Hunsdon in 1559. Apart from the branch of Cary, Viscounts Falkland, this family is now extinct.
- Burke's 'Landed Gentry of Great Britain', 1972. Burke, Sir Bernard, 'The general armory of England, Scotland, Ireland, and Wales', 1884 0nline at https://archive.org/stream/generalarmoryofe00burk#page/174/mode/2up
- Burke, Sir Bernard, 'Dormant and Extinct Peerage...', 1866: online at (scroll up from) http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=1DEGAAAAQAAJ&pg=PA102-IA1&source=gbs_selected_pages&cad=3#v=onepage&q&f=false
Pages in category "Carey family"
The following 30 pages are in this category, out of 30 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Pelham Carey
- Carey (surname)
- Catherine Carey
- Edmund Carey
- Elizabeth Carey, Lady Berkeley
- George Carey (c. 1541–1616)
- John Carey (courtier)
- Mary Carey, Lady Carey
- Thomas Carey (English politician)
- William Carey (courtier)
- John Cary (died 1395)
- Philip Cary (died 1437)
- Robert Cary (died c. 1431)
- Valentine Cary
- William Cary (1437–1471)
- Catherine Howard, Countess of Nottingham