A ceramic decorator, painter or glazer finishes pottery, ceramic, or porcelain objects by decorating them. The object is dipped into or sprayed with glaze, and then decorated by:
- Aerographing: using an airbrush to add freehand or stencilled designs
- Lithographing: applying litho-transfers on the object
- Transfer printing: a similar process to lithographing
- Painting: filling in outlines, or copying freehand from a similar piece or detailed drawing
- Gilding: adding decorative detail with precious metals like platinum or gold
- Banding or lining: adding bands or lines of colour
- Hand spraying: applying patterns using pre-cut sponges and ceramic colours.
The following 9 pages are in this category, out of 9 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).