In geometry, the notion of a connection makes precise the idea of transporting data along a curve or family of curves in a parallel and consistent manner. Viewed infinitesimally, a connection is a way of differentiating geometric data in such a manner that the derivative is also geometrically meaningful.
Guide to connections
- For connections as they are normally first encountered in tensor analysis, see covariant derivative.
- For connections as they are first encountered in differential geometry, see affine connection, connection (vector bundle), and connection (principal bundle).
- For connections using differential forms, see connection form, Cartan connection, and Ehresmann connection.
- For connections as they are frequently used in gauge theory and physics, see gauge covariant derivative and gauge connection.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Curvature (mathematics) (29 P)
Pages in category "Connection (mathematics)"
The following 38 pages are in this category, out of 38 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Cartan connection
- Cartan formalism (physics)
- Christoffel symbols
- Conformal connection
- Connection (affine bundle)
- Connection (algebraic framework)
- Connection (composite bundle)
- Connection (fibred manifold)
- Connection (principal bundle)
- Connection (vector bundle)
- Connection form
- Connector (mathematics)
- Covariant derivative