Category:Deserts of the Lower Colorado River Valley
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lower Colorado River Valley.|
- The Deserts of the Lower Colorado River Valley geographic area and Lower Colorado River section — are within the Southwestern United States and Northwest Mexico. The valley region runs from Hoover Dam, south to the Colorado River Delta at the Gulf of California,.
- The deserts within the Lower Colorado River Valley region are the: Mojave Desert (California—Arizona—Nevada); Sonoran Desert (Arizona—California—Mexico), Colorado Desert and Yuha Desert (California); and the smaller Yuma Desert, Lechuguilla Desert, and Tule Desert (Arizona).
- All but the Mojave Desert are sub-regions of the Sonoran Desert Ecoregion. They are distinguished in biogeography from the Mojave by latitude, elevation, climate and precipitation seasons, and native plant communities.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
- ► Colorado Desert (7 C, 32 P)
- ► Yuma Desert (1 C, 14 P)
Pages in category "Deserts of the Lower Colorado River Valley"
The following 9 pages are in this category, out of 9 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).