|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fish.|
|Click to see the entire Category Tree for Fish:|
- The study of fish (ichthyology)
- Fish caught by anglers or fishing
- Fish as food
Details of fish eaten as food can be found in the Edible fish category
- Fish kept by aquarists
Most fish that aquarists are likely to have kept or seen are in Actinopterygii, the ray-finned fish. Further information on about fishkeeping can be found in the fishkeeping category, and Aquarium article.
Taxonomic classes of fish
- Modern fish (not extinct)
Modern fish (those that are not extinct) are found within two superclasses of the phylum Chordata. The superclasses are Agnatha the jawless vertebrates, and Gnathostomata (vertebrates with jaws). Within these superclasses there are four classes and two subclasses:
- Superclass Agnatha Vertebrates without jaws, a paraphyletic superclass containing:
- Class Myxini - hagfish
- Class Cephalaspidomorphi - lampreys
- Superclass Gnathostomata Vertebrates with jaws
- Extinct and prehistoric fish
This category has the following 27 subcategories, out of 27 total.
The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).